9.24.2012

{18 month well baby}

As the post title subtly hints at, the babies had their 18 month well baby today.  They love Dr H, as do we and they were climbing all over him today as we caught up and talked milestones.  They didn't care for the nurses taking their stats or getting checked out by Dr H.  Fancy screamed through the entire exam.  She hated the stethoscope, getting her temp taken, getting her ears checked out and the only thing she really quieted down for was the belly palpitation and the diaper check.  Once it was over, she was back to loving Dr H.

Coach was his chill self.  He kicked back and enjoyed his exam.  He tried to protest initially, to copycat his sister, but he realized it wasn't all that bad and he chilled out.  Dr H said they both look great.  Their motor skills are perfect, even a little advanced for their age.  He was really impressed with their speech.  Its always good to impress a doctor, right?  We're just happy they're healthy :)

Next was the shots.  Ugh.  I hate to see them scream.  As soon as we walked down to immunizations and into that room Fancy knew something was up.  I laid her back on the bed and she immediately started kicking and screaming.  The nurse plunged the shots in quickly and that was it.  She hollered for a good 10 minutes, but she stopped when it was Coach's turn.  She really hates to see him upset.  He was especially pissed today.

When it was his turn for shots she got the first one done with no issue.  When she stuck the second one in, he jerked his leg and kicked the needle out.  It scraped up the side of his leg and of course she had to plunge it in again to dispense the rest of the vax.  I don't think he took a breath for a good minute.  He was sooo mad.  :(  It took everything I had to keep it together.

We whisked them up and squeezed them tight.  That almost immediately stopped the tears.  They were giggling by the time we got to the car and so far we haven't seen any ill effects.  I'm watching closely, though.  Their naptime fell right in the middle of the appointment, so no nap + 2 shots =  a couple of sleepy babies.  They were out by 6:30p

Stats:

Coach
27lbs
31.75in tall
18.75in head circ
Roughly 50th %.

Fancy
23.5lbs
30.25in tall
18in head circ
Roughly 25th %

Keeping with their curves.  Fancy is still our little peanut.  I'm really freaking out about the 2T clothes I bought from Old Navy, now.  Eek.  I've heard they run small though, so we'll see.  Maybe he'll grow into them this season.

Snuggles

Somehow still their usual, happy selves even after shots

Little man and his poor vax scratch

Thanks for teaching me how do to this face daddy. 
I asked him to show me the toy he was playing with and he turned around and gave me this look.

She loves bottles

Well friends, we've made it through Monday!  The good news is, no more Monday's for a whole week :)  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment