The grocery store is one place that's virtually impossible to acomplish with toddler twins, for a variety of reasons. The obvious-One cart holds one baby. Two carts=impractical (impossible) for one parent. Letting them walk? Hahahaahahahahahaahahahaah. Bring the stroller? This is viable IF, and only if, its a light shopping day. Whatever fits in the canopy. And that ain't much.
Stores started to catch on and some stores offer a handful of double carts. Usually though, these hot commodities (large, ridiculous to navigate) are taken by one kid who wants the cool cart. Forget about those of us who NEED them. There is ONE at our grocery store. When I set out to compile my shopping list yesterday I split it into little chunks. You know, just in case the illusive double cart wasn't anywhere to be found (as per usual).
Imagine my surprise when I pulled up to the cart bank outside to find THE cart sitting there waiting for me to claim it! I swung the Pilot into a parking spot, left the car running and ran like a beast to get this cart. I can guarantee you that more than one person in that parking lot thought I was a lunatic. Smiling from ear to ear, I skipped back to the car to get the babies out. I knew they'd be so excited to "drive" the car cart!
1) driving 2) driving and wondering why momma always takes pictures of us 3) Fancy is mesmerized by the wine, must be a Meara ;) 4) over it.
Shopping was actually fun! They loved waving to everyone and meeting people. They helped me put the groceries in the cart and they held my list for me without tearing it to shreds. The unfortunate realization? That the stars will probably never align again. Oh well. There's a grocery store in the next town over that has online shopping and curbside pickup.
I was in the bandaid/neosporin aisle and there was a weird dude waiting for his prescription in the pharmacy. He waved to the babies, which is fine. He stopped me to ask some questions, which is fine. He then told me that I need to watch out for "that beautiful little girl". I think she's the most beautiful girl in the world, but they way he was looking at her when he said it gave me the heebie jeebies. He went on and on and on about her and asked if "daddy had a shotgun". He was nice enough, he just had the creep factor. So much so that I sat in the parking lot scanning the cars to make sure he wasn't following us.
Tomorrow our workouts continue. I've been itching to get back into it. I need to get the tubes for our jogger (remember the blowout story from JCP?). That beast needs some mileage on it. Happy FRIDAY! Have a fabulous looong weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment