Today has been a lazy day.
Ordinarily the daddy would get up and make the babies breakfast and let me sleep in.
With the daddy gone, I'm worn out.
Single parenthood is not for the faint of heart.
Of course, Murphy's Law is in full effect.
Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong". [wikipedia]
Coach had an allergic reaction to a food he's eaten before [Oikos peach greek yogurt]
#1 - The height of the reaction
#2 - Starting to get better
#3 - After frantic texting to my friend Cara and seeing the reaction settle, I can finally chill out...maybe.
#2 - Starting to get better
#3 - After frantic texting to my friend Cara and seeing the reaction settle, I can finally chill out...maybe.
He seems to be ok.
I kept him up about 30 minutes past bed time and I've been checking on him constantly.
So as soon as he started to have that reaction, I heard 3 gunshots.
CLOSE gunshots.
There is a house full of Army bachelors that live up the street and they had a BBQ today.
I think it must have been them.
Fingers crossed that I don't get slaughtered in my bed tonight.
Thankfully, our neighborhood is business as usual since the shots, so I'm going to try to relax.
We hear shotgun shots from time to time, but they're off in the distance.
We live in the boonies, so that's not all that unusual.
I'm still nervous.
I just need a gigantic glass of wine (which I don't have), a bath (which I have no time to take-cleanup duty falls to ME and me alone when the daddy's gone) and a book (reminder: dead Kindle).
Pretty fun little evening ahead of me.
The bright spot?
The season finale of True Blood is on in 27 minutes.
In all seriousness (since I know people will read this and worry), we're doing great.
Pray Murphy and his law steer clear for another several weeks so I can come out of this unscathed, mkay?
And because, who doesn't love a sleeping baby or two?
Today's nap.
Gosh I love them.
Another random occurrence. My skin is rejecting my engagement and wedding rings.
I do a lot of hand washing (more on that someday), so I think this is just soap getting caught under the rings and causing irritation.
It hurts.
Tomorrow Cara and I start day UNO of our new workout routine.
As it turns out the weight of toddler twins in a stroller amps up your workout.
Holla!
Maybe you'll start seeing more pictures of me...


No comments:
Post a Comment