8.20.2012

{shit}

It finally happened.  Fancy repeated one of my favorite swear words.  I was emailing pictures to myself from my iPhone and I accidentally erased a few.  I said "oh shit" and Fancy, being the almost 17 month old she is, repeated it.  She's been saying it on and off all day.  Usually when I am looking at my phone.  Woops. 

So while I love cloth diapering, nothing (and I mean nothing) prepares you for rinsing the poop off of the diapers.  I have been rinsing each diaper clean and laying it out to dry.  When its dry I throw it in the basket/pail.  I know that's a lot of work, but I can't let poop sit.  Not gonna lie, handling the poop is rough. We got the diaper sprayer a friend (Thanks!) sent but I need an attachement for our toilet to hook it up correctly. I'm kind of struggling to find the perfect wash routine. The poopy diapers still have a faint smell when they come out, which indicates bacteria. Not good. I'm getting mildly frustrated. I'm doing what all the websites/my cloth momma friends/cloth fb groups I'm in say and still coming out with stink. I'm not giving up, I'm determined to be successful here. I mean, I've got 22 diapers on the way and another 12 not far behind. I'll get the hang of things...right?

So I know the "guess what my beautiful, sweet, incredibly intelligent, nearly perfect babies did today" posts get old, but its kind of the point of the blog, so I'll proceed :)  Every morning we have a
 routine.  I go in the nursery and say "Good MORNING!" and they get all excited and start dancing around.  We change diapers and we all walk into the kitchen for breakfast.  I put them in their  high chairs and turn the alarm off to let Nellie out.  When Nellie comes back in from doing her bidness I say "Good Girl Nellie!"

This morning BOTH of the babies said "Guh Guh Nee Nee!" when she came back in.  Nellie and I were both so shocked we turned and looked at them in unison, they started giggling.  They're the cutest.  Coach is also really in to singing, dancing and doing the hand movements to certain songs.  One of those is Itsy Bitsy.  He even does the itsy bitsy fingers.  Fancy does it too, but Sister Sass can't always be bothered to perform.  I'm so amazed by them every single day. 

Today's photo-dump. 
(Yep, the one that transformed my sweet baby girl into a sailor)

They're watching Sesame Street in all these.  Believe it or not this was BEFORE Elmo.  They really like Abby Cadabby's flying fairy school.  There are also a lot of great kids shows on HBO.  Right now though, SS has slipped to second place.  They LOVE Dinosaur Train.  They go bananas when they hear the song start to play.  Its actually a really cute show, I don't even mind watching it.  They're usually asleep for Sid the Science Kid, but that's a catchy show too.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing WAAAAY more work than is necessary for the poop. Seriously just plop what you can in the toilet and the rest washes away without issues. I promise you. Frankly, I never felt the need to use a sprayer...I think we've had one diaper that we had to swish.

    If you're having smell issues you're not using enough laundry detergent. (I use liquid Tide HE.)

    Here's my routine: rinse and spin. Heavy duty hot wash cycle with a soak and an extra rinse. Viola! Clean diapers.

    ReplyDelete