8.01.2012

{Hump day pic dump}

Getting ready to try out this later than normal nap routine.  Wish us luck!

Yesterday I had a Dr appt for a referral to a derm for a mole check.  The babies did pretty well and these are some pictures while we were waiting for Dr H.

Mouth full of string cheese

Double string cheese in this mouth.  He's a stuffer.

Getting a little antsy.  He was trying to kick the printer. 

Looking a little defeated

Are we done yet?

The appt went pretty well.  Dr H took a look at the moles I was concerned about and he says they're normal.  We also talked about my below-the-rib pain, the failed HIDA, my anxiety issues, etc.  I just love him.  He walked to me for well over an hour and I didn't feel rushed or like my concerns were silly.  He said my white blood count was on the high end of normal, but that the differential (components of the wbc) all were normal.  Admittedly, I'm freaking out a little bit about this.  Dr Google doesn't have happy news, as usual.  The ER doc (where the cbc was drawn), Dr G and Dr H have all seen this bloodwork and say its "beautiful" despite the slightly elevated wbc.  In fact, neither Dr G or the ER doc ever even mentioned it. 

As soon as the words "slightly elevated white count" left his lips I was all over him.  He said he's not worried and that several things can cause a slight elevation like that.  He said that number is a consideration, but only in connection with a breakdown of the cells that make up that count (a differential) and the rest of the CBC.  If those #'s look solid, he says there's no reason to worry.  Of course, I still am worrying.  The first thing that came to mind was the big L (leukemia).  He said that the other #'s would be skewed as well and the wbc would be considerably higher.  Why is it always something?

Its been a cool-ish couple of days lately and its been refreshing.  Humidity is still through the roof, so sweating like a pig is inevitable.  I'm starting to buy their fall clothes (18-24m and 24m sizes, omg) and so far they've all been summer clothes (without the summer junk).  The daddy was here last October interviewing for his current job and he said it was in the high 80's the whole week.  I actually haven't even seen pants or long shirts out on the racks yet here. 

We're getting big, scary thunderstorms every afternoon now.  I love them, but we could do without even more wetness in the air.  Looking forward to Friday.  I'm meeting some friends from my twin mom group and we're doing a wine & design.  Drink wine and paint, sounds like a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment