Today, whenever Fancy is near him, he just shoves her.
Similar to this:
I've caught myself laughing under my breath a couple times. Is that bad? Its just so random. I can't help it. Fancy is ok, she doesn't cry. I think she's more shocked when it happens. Their new thing is climbing on the couch (yay) and running across it (double yay). We're having a hard time listening to momma these days. I feel like I chase them off the furniture all.day.long. Well today Fancy took a nosedive. She actually sommersaulted off the couch. She landed on her head, but it was a soft fall-almost like slow motion-so I'm just watching her to make sure she's ok. No tears, she was just surprised.
Fancy has been OBSESSED with books lately. So much so, that she now knows what the next line is. We read them over and over. They love Sandra Boynton books. Their favorite right now is The Going To Bed Book. I can recite it in its entirety, but I'll spare you. There's a part that goes "With some on top and some beneath, they brush and brush and brush their teeth." Before I even get through "with some on top..." she's already smiling and mimicking brushing her teeth. They learned all their animal noises from her books and Dr Seuss. Mr Brown Can Moo Can You is another favorite as well as The Belly Button Book, Perfect Piggies (a personal favorite), Bear Snores On (I'm obsessed with this one) and of course Goodnight Moon.
Can I whine a moment? Let me preface this whine by saying, I know how incredibly blessed I am to be a momma to these two and to get to stay home with them. I love them more than life itself. (WARNING: some not-so-ladylike words ahead). That being said, single parenthood is fucking hard. The daddy left late last week for an (almost) no notice mission. That day it didn't bother me all that much. I put on my wondermomma cape (invisible, of course) and sucked it up.
Today, I'm overwhelmed. Today was even a good day for them, but I'm still overwhelmed. Caring for two small children around the clock, solo is down right draining. No worries, I'll get it together in about 5 minutes, but right now I'm kicking back with Big Bang and some peach iced tea before I start cleaning the house. Don't judge me :)

No comments:
Post a Comment