7.22.2012

{The itsy bitsy...}

SPIDER!  I was glancing out the back door last night and was shocked to see this guy.  He's the largest spider I've ever seen.  I'd say it was easily larger than a silver dollar (including legs).  He was spinning his web when I snapped this.  At first I was replused and started plotting his painful, slow, torturous death and then I stopped to watch him for a second.  Fascinating.  I'm not sure what he is, but I'm searching.  We killed one just like him hiding over the front door a couple weeks ago.  Hopefully we can keep them on the OUTSIDE until our diatomaceous earth shows up this week. 


Um, how cute are these?  Faux baby Toms!  I asked Fancy if she liked these and she was positively giddy.  That's my girl. 


I love a messy baby face :)  I love these faces anyway, but yogurt all over make them extra sweet.


Today we lounged and went to Babies R Us only to be trapped in there due to the mother of all thunder storms.  We went up and down the toy aisles and the babies were in hog heaven.  Coach was positively beside himself when we let them out of the stroller to walk and I made him hold my hand.  Full on throw-himself-on-the-floor hysterics.  Every set of parents that passed us looked at us with pity.  Fact of life folks.  There was a 3 or 4 day old baby there.  So teeny!  I forget how small they are. 

Saturday I got to hang out with a fabulous friend.  It was so nice to have girl time and shop!  I spent far too much $$$ at Gymboree, but it was great to get to shop without rushing.  I missed the babies something awful though.  I was excited to get home to squeeze them. 

At lunch on Saturday J and I pulled up to the Panera parking lot and this woman on a bike stopped us.  She said that she wasn't asking for $, but could we buy her a sandwich.  I clammed up.  I guess I'm used to just walking on.  J, ever the kind heart and cool head, said of course.  The woman, thin with maybe one or two teeth remaining, was so grateful.  She stood in a busy line with us and made conversation.  I was kind, but reserved. 

We ordered and then sat waiting for our food.  The woman told us that she asked a man the very same question she asked us and he spit on her.  Humanity at its finest.  I listened as she talked, but I don't really remember what she said.  I was attentive, but guarded.  The order came up, she got her food, thanked us and was on her way.  J and I finished our lunch and just as we were chatting about this and that a woman essentially ran past our table, dropped a gift card next to J and said "thank you for your kindness."  Neither of us even saw the woman's face. 

The gift card given to J had a note that read: 
BElieve
THEre is
GOOD
in the world.
 

It was a neat moment for J who expected nothing in return.  She wasn't phased by what others thought.  She was caring and that meant a lot to the woman who, from the sound of it, hadn't seen kindness in a while.  There really are good people left in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment