Another fun 16 month old trick...not taking good naps. They take an hour nap in the morning and the afternoon nap is pretty much non-existent. I put them down at 3:30p, its 4:20p and they're still crib racing. They run laps around their cribs. They're laughing at each other, throwing their teddy bears and blankets in each other's cribs and everything else on the floor. Hysterical. Yesterday the daddy was mowing the lawn and I hear a blood curdling scream coming out of the monitor during nap time. I go in their room and see Coach standing there without a shirt on looking confused and Fancy screaming with a touch of blood on her tongue. Wtf? My guess is the shirt being off and the tongue being bloody were unrelated, but I can't be sure.
I'm thinking we need to transition to one nap, but a hour just isn't going to cut it. I'm afraid pushing the nap to noon or one will still result in an hour nap. A short nap makes for some cranky ass babies. They go to bed between 7:30 and 8:30p. They sleep until about 7:30a, so I know they're getting enough sleep, but they still need naps. Also, I need that time to collect myself. Being a stay-at-home-momma to 16 month old twins is fucking tough. I need a minute or two of down time.
Enough of the complaining. They're learning to share. Its so sweet to watch them think of their sibling. Earlier today Fancy dropped her milk when they were playing and forgot about it. Coach picked up his milk and noticed hers. He brought it over to her and hugged her. Yes, it was as cute as it sounds. They share their food too. Fancy will give Coach a carrot and Coach will give Fancy a noodle. After they share they reach out their arms and say "awww". They really watch us and mimic our reactions.
Fancy still has a little trouble learning that she can't just take without permission...
Woops.
He's a busy man ;)
"Nice photog skills, lady." Despite cutting off part of Fancy's head, she's modeling our new favorite toy-Mega Blocks.
Signalling the first nap of the day...if you can call it a nap.
Mega Blocks fun!
I'll attempt a twin pic sometime tonight. They're wiggly and very uniterested in sitting for pictures these days. They're running all over the place but still, you know, toddling. They fall a lot and their poor little shins are all bruised up. Sometimes their arms get one or two. This, of course, does nothing for my anxiety. Deep breaths. They're having a blast and its fun to watch them explore the world around them.
Happy Monday!







No comments:
Post a Comment