Mmmm, maybe I should say, she's done it for real. Though I swallowed them whole, I'm not sure we can call Twilight a great literary masterpiece.
I have had The Host by Stephenie Meyer (Twilight Series author) in book form (as opposed to kindle) for several years. Since it came out actually. I tried to read it. I didn't care for it. I have picked it up over the years several times. I just didn't "get" it. I've been into dystopian novels ever since I read Hunger Games and Divergent/Insurgent. I decided last week that I'd give her another shot. I'm glad I did.
Its a great book, I think Stephenie Meyers was on to something, but we just hadn't caught up to her yet. The movie is coming out next March. All we can do is hope they chose a great team to produce this. I'm so afraid it will become another Twilight (film). Yikes. I cringed more watching those films than I care to remember. The trailer only gives away a smidge of info, but so far the characters look to be believable to the book. We'll see.
I am thrilled to see so many big names on this movie. Diane Kruger, William Hurt, Frances Fisher and Saoirse Ronan. I was a little surprised to see Saoirse playing Melanie, but I didn't have a firm picture of her in my head yet anyway. I'm sort of disappointed in the guy they have playing Jared (Max Irons). He's supposed to be 26/27 and this kid looks like he's 16. He IS 26 in real life, but he LOOKS young. I pictured a more chisled, hardened face. The Seeker (Diane Kruger) and Jeb (William Hurt) are pretty much dead on, though I would have thought they'd choose a larger guy for Jeb seeing as how they make a point in the book to talk about his size. Aunt Maggie (Frances Fisher) is a great likeness to the book too.
Fingers are firmly crossed for a good movie.
Today was a BIG day in the multiples world. A friend of mine delivered her twin boys today and a gal from my multiples group delivered her quadruplets today! Congrats new Momma's and Daddy's!
Not gonna lie, seeing all those sweet little newborn pictures gave me the twinge. You forget all about how little sleep you got and how hard newborns can be. You just remember how sweet their heads smelled, the sound of their little coo's and how they fit just perfectly into the nook where your neck meets your shoulder. Oh how I miss that. Thankfully my tantrum-throwing-toddlers brought me back to reality :) I miss those precious first days. They were so sweet and so fleeting. One day I'll get to have them again.
No comments:
Post a Comment