I thought I posted an Independence Day post yesterday, but it seems I'm mistaken and never actually hit POST. As I go back and read it now, it was riddled with complaints about the day's tantrums and actually had very little to do with how incredibly blessed we are to have these beautiful children and live in this amazing country. So, I scrapped it.
We watched parts of the Band of Brothers and the John Adams series yesterday. It always hits me when I watch shows/movies like this, just how hard our forefathers fought for what they believed in. They put everything on the line. Everything. Its really incredible what this country has been through (and rocked) in the last 236 years. From the Revolution to now, bravery isn't something in short supply here. I'm so proud to be an American.
As I observed my babies experience their very first fireworks show, booms and all, I was humbled. We're so blessed to live in a country that's free. A country that stands as an example to the world. A country we can be proud of. They're growing up with choices and all the opportunity they can hope for. The sky's the limit. The babies little faces lit up in awe. They pointed and giggled, even though it was hours past their bedtime. Even they seemed to know this day was important and something to be celebrated.
After the fireworks ended everyone clapped and hooted. The babies, being the avid clappers they are, followed suit. They were so excited, not completely aware what was so exciting. We walked back to the car and buckled them in. I'm certain they were asleep before we even finished buckling. Driving through Fort Bragg on Independence Day is about as patriotic as it gets!
I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment