7.05.2012

{Burglers, bees and guns, oh my!}

What a daaay.  

It started off great.  The daddy didn't have to go in until 1pm today, no idea why 1pm was the magic number, but it was.  He let me sleep in until like 9:30 and he fed the babies and cleaned up breakfast (whoa!).  Even made coffee.  Magical.  The babies did so well today.  They played and I can't even remember one tantrum.  More magic!  The daddy left for work just as the babies went down for their nap.  They took a great 2 hour nap and I got to clean the bathrooms and our bedroom.  Couple loads of laundry done...you get the idea.  

The daddy gets home and says "did you get my text?".  Nope, my phone's been dead all day, what's up?  Apparently a wealthy neighborhood about 5 miles from our house had three break-in's today.  THREE.  This was circulated from the Sheriff to the daddy's unit.  The text said "keep the alarm on at all times."  These dudes kicked through the mother fucking doors, how's a security system going to scare them off?  Apparently one dude was home sleeping while he was getting robbed.  Huh?  

Because of this, the daddy went to Gander Mtn to look at revolvers this afternoon.  In our county you have to submit an application to the Sheriff's office to buy a handgun.  It takes about 7-10 days to process.  In 7-10 days we should have a brand new Springfield XD 9mm. 
 We have a shotgun, but I'm not a fan of it.  It makes me really nervous.  All guns do to be perfectly honest.  I guess they're an unfortunate necessity.  We have knives too.  


So after the gun convo, and a minor freakout from yours truly, we walked the perimeter of our house to see what the most at risk areas were for a break in and what we could do in addition to the security system.  Apparently they hide in crawl spaces and saw up through your floor too.  Yeah.  We locked the crawlspace.  As we were standing in the front yard chatting about thorny trellis', a demon bee came up and stung Fancy on the leg.  She started screaming and when I looked down at the stinger in her little chubby calf I knew why.  Poor little Fance.

We got the stinger out asap and put some baking soda and ice on it.  It swelled up and she fussed for a while, but she was laughing by dinner and the swelling was pretty much gone by the time their bath was over.  Its red and looks painful, but she seems to be ok.  We're watching pretty close.

Usually bee's don't just fly up and sting you.  I'm not sure why this fucker chose suicide via Fancy's sweet little calf.  We have a lot of them, who are we kidding, we have a lot of bugs period.  Still thankfully all outside.  I've seen the bee's and wasps crawl up into little openings in our siding.  Fun.  

Babies are in bed and a beer, a bath and my bed are all calling my name. 

Tomorrow we might be getting the newest addition to our family.  A minivan.  I finally broke him.  The daddy now agrees that its time.  I'm excited!  We found a couple that we're going to look at tomorrow.  Wish us luck!

Have a fabulous weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Our fellow blogger friend at A Life to Bragg About also had someone break into her house in your area last weekend. I've also had someone try to break into my apartment when I was first living on my own. It's scary stuff.

    We're in the process of getting a hand gun. We'll probably end up with a Glock...that's the one I like the most. I really encourage you to get to the range and become familiar and a little more comfortable with the gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that, it is what put me on high alert. I can't imagine how scary that was.

    We're planning on some range time in the near future. I have a lot of experience with a glock. Its what he used to carry as a cop and we used to shoot a lot, but its been years. The shotgun is not my favorite. I'm hoping the revolver feels a little bit more comfortable, like the glock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have that XD. It's a little tight at first so make sure you get used to it. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete