7.11.2012

{Are ya sure about that?}

I took the babies to the health food supermarket-which was a total waste of time-way across town.  We got out of the car and I was loading them into the stroller when I heard "Are they twins?" in a sweet southern drawl.  I smiled, nodded and continued strapping in a squirmy resistant Fancy.  I started for the entrance and noticed she was waiting to walk in with us.  Sweet of her.  We chatted and she said that she had 11 year old twins.  I love meeting parents of older twins.  I looked at her and said, "well its good to know you made it!".

That's where the fun and games end.  We get inside the door and start chatting about this and that.  She asks their age and if they're walking, etc.  She then delves into her own pregnancy.  Apparently it began as a septuplet pregnancy.  SEVEN babies.  Twins run in her family, so she was shocked to spontaneously get pg with seven.  Call me cynical, but have YOU ever heard of a spontaneous septuplet pregnancy?  Me either, probably because its extremely rare.  Septuplet pregnancies with fertility treatments, but also very very rare.

So we talk about how she lost 3 babies before the 12 week mark (gestation) and another around 5 months.  She had twins, so lets do the math, shall we?  3+1+2=not 7.  Maybe she forgot about #7.  Another oddity was that she told me she went to 36 weeks with no bedrest.  No bedrest in a septuplet pregnancy?  She lost 5 of them.  As soon as she started losing babies, she would have been put on some form of bedrest.

Here's the kicker.  She told me they weighed 5lb 13oz and 5lb 19oz.  Nineteen ounces?  Not only that, but they were 24 inches long.  Bitch be crazy.  Have you ever heard of a 24 inch long baby, let alone one that was early and sharing a womb?  I sure haven't.  I have either just met the biggest faker ever or the most uninformed/forgetful mother in the world.

At least it was entertaining.

We then went to Walmart because we had nothing else to do.  I ended up spending $73 on pretty much nothing.  How does that happen?  No less than 5 people came up to the babies and asked about them/played with them.  As I've said before, southerners love their multiples.  It could also be that they're generally just friendlier.  A lady stopped her car in the parking lot as we were walking out to tell me I had a perfect family.  I thought that was sweet and of course, I agreed.  We came home and had pancakes, avocados and oranges for lunch.  I'm just going to put this out there, but pancakes taste way better in the south.  I've been using the same brand for years, but here they're just fluffier and tastier.  Weird.

Its raining again.  When we pulled up in front of the house I saw a lizard of some sort slink behind our trashcan.  Will I ever get used to the creepies and crawlies of the south?

I saw this on facebook today.  I don't know where it is from originally, so you'll have to forgive me.  Someone I went to highschool with liked it and it showed up in my news feed.  I'm in love.  I plan on doing some sort of print/canvas for the nursery similar to this.  
Happy humpday!

No comments:

Post a Comment