5.02.2012

{Damn you Steel Magnolias}


(LINK)

Since we're headed south and the babies are napping and I'm sick to death of packing, I decided I needed to brush up on my Steel Magnolias.  Every damn time, it gets me.  Colorado has been a major bummer for us, with the exception of the conception, pregnancy and birth of our beautiful twins.  I've sort of got seriously high hopes for North Carolina. 

Being a military family is difficult and watching movies like this just reminds me of what we're lacking.  Maybe this southern hospitality we hear so much about is a fact.  Our realtor certainly was amazing and she's already lining things up for us when we get there.  Taking us under her wing.  I'm very thankful for her.  The new unit also sounds pretty great.  They sound like a family.  I'm really hopeful.

M will be gone a lot.  We're planning to add to our family in the not too distant future (fingers crossed) and I'll need all the help and support I can get.  So far I've spoken to a couple other twin mom's in the area and I'm really excited to meet them.  Our house is in a brand new subdivision and there are lots of young military couples.  So we'll see. 



We're making lists for what we want/need for the new house.  I'm getting a sewing machine for my birthday and I plan on re-vamping some curtains, pillows and starting to make some cute little rompers/bubbles/jon-jon's for the babies.  I'd love an embroidery machine, but I think I'll work my way up to that. 



We're deciding on paint colors for the house.  I'm thinking Cracked Wheat/Sandstone Cove (Behr) or Whole Wheat/Relaxed Khaki (Sherwin Williams) for the kitchen, living room and hallways.  I wanted bold, but I'd rather have a simple, calm color on the walls and go bold with accessories.  I'm thinking beige walls and a bright red and cream striped curtains (large, thick stripes) and red/cream accents.  For the nursery we're going with Robin's Nest (Benjamin Moore) and they have yellow gingham curtains and bed skirts.  We're going with a yellow/light blue/kelly green (light on the kelly green) scheme in their room.  Their cribs/dresser are cherry though, so I'm hoping it looks ok.  The light airy colors should contrast the dark wood well.  Maybe?  And that's as far as I've gotten.  I'm thinking light blues for our room.  Our bathroom will be something bold, but I'm not sure yet. 

Anyway, happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment