5.09.2012

{Catching up}

I'm bad about catching up on what the babies are doing this very minute.  Well, I guess this very minute Coach is running around the "pit" with a shoe in his mouth while Fancy is yelling at the door "Dadadadadadadadadadada".  Currently in development world, this is what's going on. 

Coach
---He's walking more and more on his own.  Still not a primary form of transportation, but we're getting there. 
---He points to his belly when I ask him "where's your belly?".
---He points to his nose when I ask him "where's your nose?".
---When he's tired he lays his head down and says "nigh night".
---He steals toys from his sister and when he see's her coming to take it back, he jets across the room
---He loves greek yogurt.
---He's getting more expressive.  He's frustrated by his lack of words and he's starting to point and sound out words more. 
---He's a madman in the tub, splashes and giggles, he loves it.
---He dances and sings.  When there' a song/dance on Sesame Street he goes to town.  Cutest thing ever.
---Kind of a poopy sleeper.  He takes a one hour-two hour nap in the morning and the same in the afternoon.  He goes to bed around 7pm and usually sleeps well until around midnight-2am.  This is my fault for co-sleeping so long.  We drag him into bed with us.  This should improve when we move them back into their own room. 
---He's a big eater.  He could eat all day.  Favorites (other than greek yogurt) are kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, squash, avocado and broccoli. 
---He's still Elmo's biggest fan.
---He learned to take his bibs off, so we had to switch to the terry cloth over-the-head bibs.  He hasn't figured those out yet. 
---He's an escape artist.  About 4234123 times a day he gets out of the pit somehow. 
---He is really long and skinny, like a string bean.
---He got his first haircut last Sunday.
---He's very affectionate towards his twin sister.  He loves to hug and kiss. 
---He's very impatient.
---He studies EVERYTHING.  He likes to take things apart.
---He loves books. 
---He's destructive.  As they say "all boy".  He loves to throw and tear/rip things.  We've lost many a book this way. 
---He gives kisses when asked for them.
---He loves to use his walkers, lawn mower and cars.  As long as he's moving, he's happy.
---He's mastered the "no" shake and uses it appropriately.
---He loves to wear sunglasses.




Fancy
---She's got a very quick temper. 
---When she's mad at her brother she grabs his shirt and head butts him.  We're working on this.
---She's a great sleeper, she could sleep all day if her brother didn't wake her up. 
---She's taking steps on her own here and there, but like her brother, she's not walking as a primary form of transportation.
---She points to his belly when I ask him "where's your belly?".
---She points to his nose when I ask him "where's your nose?".
---When she's tired he lays his head down and says "nigh night".
---She loves to play peek-a-boo with her brother.  She squeals when she see's him coming.
---She loves to hug and kiss on her brother.
---She's a petite little thing.  She can still wear some of her 9 month clothes.  On the other hand, she fits well into 12m and 12-18m stuff too. 
---If you ask her for a kiss, she leans in and puckers up.  So cute!
---She loves a good walker race.  She gets so excited when she's running around!
---When she see's Coach doing something he's not supposed to (playing with the controller, escaping the pit) she looks at him and shakes her head no.  She's my alarmist.  I know he's in trouble when I see her little head shaking at him.
---She loves her brother.
---She loves to wear sunglasses and bows.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something.  If I remember, I'll blog about it. 

I love this.  I found it on facebook, so I don't have the source link.  
This isn't me, I'm not that brave AND my twin skin looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse.  That's not an exaggeration.  Regardless, this picture couldn't be more true.  I'm glad to be able to remind myself of this picture everytime I get a little down about how far I have to go.

To all the moms in honor of Mother's Day.  Its nice to be reminded :)

No comments:

Post a Comment