4.09.2012

{Braving manual mode}

For my birthday last June my wonderfully, sweet husband got me a DSLR camera to capture our cuties every waking (and some sleeping) second.  I am ashamed to admit, I shoot mainly in auto.  I know, I know.  I shot a lot in manual in the beginning, but changing settings every couple minutes, trying to chase after two babies, its frankly exhausting and near impossible.  

Now, I'm re-learning manual and trying to be patient as I experiment with it.  Today's photoshoot was 100% manual mode (I think).  ISO 1600, 1/50, F8 - shot in natural light around 11am.  I believe the ISO needs to come down a bit and the shutter speed needs to come up, but this is how today's experiment went.  I'm also fighting a losing battle with the white balance, so just be aware that the color has been edited.

Pretty baby girl.  One of my two favorite subjects :)

This handsome guy is my other fave!


The calm before the storm

Peekaboo with daddy!

They love to laugh!

She's in the I'm-gonna-yank-out-everything-you-put-in-my-hair stage.  Its fun.

So I try to make sure I pick up my camera a couple times a day to get the feel of changing the settings while shooting.  Slowly its getting more easy.  As everyone with a DSLR, I've got a lot to learn, but the pictures are turning out better and better.  That's such great motivation to stick with it!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I've just recently started playing with manual too. The photo board on TB is going through a free class each week. The PDF is posted on the board then everyone shows their shots using that weeks learned skill.

    ReplyDelete