3.17.2012

{St Patty's and some consignment scores}

Happy St. Patty's day!  My how my celebrations have changed from just a few years ago.  This year, we celebrated by dressing the babies in green, the very same outifts you see in the header, and shopped!  St. Patty's of yore have typically included green beer and lots of ibuprofen the next day.  I'm pretty sure I like these days WAY better :)

Today at Hobby Lobby we bought their Easter baskets:  How cute are these!?!
And a sweet, obviously hard of seeing, older lady stopped us and told me that Fancy looked just like me.  Uh, for real?  When I balked and said that was the first time we'd heard that one, she said "Oh, well she looks like both of you."  I think she was just trying to be nice.  

We got their party decorations and tried on party hats!
These aren't the ones we got, but it was the first one I saw.  Of course Coach was the guinea pig (sp?).  They had fun picking out plates, napkins and other various decor.  Daddy, not so much :)

After that we went consignment shopping, my FAVORITE Saturday activity (other that being in the mountains).  I got their Easter outfits!
Please ignore my billion piles of laundry in the background.  I LOVE these outfits.  I can't believe I put two MATCHING outfits together via consignment.  Usually, I can find pieces here and there, but never something like this.  This dress is actually dress #2.  The first was a pink rosy dress, very pretty, but it was marked as 12 months when it was in fact 3-6 months.  WAY too small for miss chunky butt.  I went back ALONE (sans hubby and babies) and found this gorgeous (brand new, never worn, tags still attached) cream eyelet.  The cardigan was separate, but when I remembered that I bought the blue gingham shirt for Coach I thought it would be super cute together.  Of course, I was right.  She also has a big cream bow to match.  No shoes yet, but I've got a couple weeks to work on that.  I found some cute summer clothes for them also!

There was a beautiful smocked boutique dress, but it had some fading on the top of it.  I was so disappointed, but I feel like this worked out way better in the end.  After that I headed to Target to return some things and got sucked into the baby section.  I found 2 shirts and pants/shorts for each baby.  All in all, they're set for the summer.  I still need to find swimming suits, but we'll do that closer to summer.  

I hope you're all having a splendid St Patty's!  Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment