3.09.2012

{peekaboo!!!}


This is my favorite.  They play peekaboo with each other and chase each other around  the pit.  So funny!

They took a break from playing long enough to wave to Momma.  Such little loves!


Strike a pose!


This boy is so sweet :)

I've taken up one of my old bed rest obsessions.  Toddlers & Tiaras.  Let me be clear.  I will NEVER enter Fancy in a pageant.  Ever.  EVER.  However, I'm strangely enthralled with these little divas and their (varying degrees of) nutso mothers and fathers.  I'm not calling ALL pageant mom's and dad's crazy, just most of the ones depicted on the show.  

I'm one of the girliest girls you'll ever meet.  I love my makeup, accessories and my hair tools.  My daughter had a bow in her hair less than an hour after she was born.  I think those little dresses are just darling, but glitz pageants just cross the line for me.  You're telling these beautiful little darling girls and boys that they're gorgeous BUT only if you have hair pieces, spray tans, fake teeth, fake nails, fake eyelashes and $1000+ dresses..  What's realistic about any of that?  You're teaching these babies that in order to be pretty you need all this crap.  I just watched a fifteen month old baby get spray tanned and have acrylic nails applied to her teeny tiny fingers.  Fucking seriously?  

I try and take my judgement goggles off long enough to see if from their p.o.v.  Fail on my part.  I don't get it.  I don't know why you'd put that much pressure on your child.  There have been exceptions where the moms are chill and encouraging/celebratory (no matter how their child performed) and the child legitimately enjoys it all.  I can be supportive of situations like that.  It just seems that pageants are mainly for the parent, like many other things people do with their kids.  Let them be little.  

I digress.  HAPPY WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment