3.11.2012

{operation de-fat is officially underway}

We went to Bed Bath & Beyond today after church and picked up a new scale.  I excitedly hopped on when we got home and just about lost my lunch.  I weigh as much as I did when I was 8.5 months pregnant with twins.  Fuck.  I've gained 30lbs in the last 12 months.  Fuck.  I'm completely disgusted.  I ran into a friend at Target yesterday and she almost walked right by me.  She told me she almost didn't recognize me. I thought it was because my hair was different.  Pretty sure its because my face has rounded out.  I knew I'd gained weight by the way I look in pics and the way my clothes fit (or don't fit), but THIRTY pounds?  How embarrassing.  Its not like I had room to gain BEFORE pregnancy, so 30lb on top of that is just sickening.

The good news is, my motivation kicked in just as spring is rolling in.  I can get outside with the babies and work it out.  M's used to be a trainer, so he's working on a plan for me.  I'm ready.  I've never been thin, but its never bothered me.  It bothers me now.  I look fat.  I'm ok looking curvy, I'm not ok looking fat.  I don't feel good, I don't look good, its time for a change.  With that, here we go!  I'll try and post updates on my progress and some before/after pics as I go.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You can do this! I like what you said about the curves. You pull off curves like no one I've seen.

    ReplyDelete