When they were taking their bath today our cat Charlie wandered in the bathroom. I said "Hi Charlie" and Fancy tried to repeat it. It actually sounded like "Ti Dawi". I kept saying it and she kept repeating. She's figured out the "li" sound in Charlie and she's been saying it over and over all day. She says "Hi Daddy", which really sounds like "Ti Duh Duh". She can say "Bubba" for Coach, "Titty" for kitty, "Baba" for bottle, "Mama" obv, "Duh Duh" for daddy and a few others here and there. I swear she said "dink" the other day meaning she wanted a drink. She also still says "Nee Nee" and we've learned that means her and that she wants whatever we are holding.
Coach is really vocal too, but he doesn't repeat the things we say as often. He listens and watches, then out of the blue several minutes/hours later, he'll say what he heard. His words are similar to Fancy's, but he says them much less often. He's a man of few words like his daddy.
Both babies are walking with their walker, but not ready to take those first steps without help. We tried to get them to walk between us last night, but they either didn't understand or were too sleep (it was about 7:30p). They love to be moving though. They're also really into each other. Lots of laughing, playing, jabbering and yes, some fighting. As difficult as the pregnancy, the NICU and parenting twins has been, I'm so thankful they have each other.
This weekend I'm shopping for party decor! I'm pretty sure we're going pink & blue. It will be a small, simple party with just family-you remember my fear of kid germs, no kids were invited. Their birthday shirts are in production thanks to a sweet etsy seller (!). I'm excited to get them here.
Confession: I may or may not have crammed my 11.5 month olds into 9 month clothes today. Either I'm not ready to let the baby stage go or I haven't done laundry yet this week. Hint: its the second choice and maybe a pinch of the first. I'm not sure whether or not I should be worried they still sort of fit!
Other than been a little short and a little tight on Coach, they're not too bad. Right???






No comments:
Post a Comment