1.18.2012

{Its been three years}

I know all new moms are forever asking themselves this question, but where the hell did the last 10 months go?  When I look at these little loves I see the last remnants of babyhood.  They're turning into toddlers before my very eyes.  
He's started to try to climb the pit walls.  Shit.

Its all there.  Brush-check.  Purse-check.  Cell phone-check.  She's ready to roll!

Fighting over the piano.  One of them better be musically inclined the way they terrorize each other with this damn thing.  

My gorgeous boy.

My gorgeous girl.

They're too much fun :)

Chatty Kathy

Not only is he an acrobat, but he's a funny man too.  We should probably go ahead and sell him to the circus.

She LOOOVES this phone.  She sees momma talking on the phone, so she puts everything that remotely resembles a phone to her ear.  Cute :)

Similarly, this little man is OBSESSED with the computer.  Thankfully he can pound on this guy til the sun comes up.  He opens and closes the lid a million times a day and it never gets old.  He's fun :)

Gosh, I'm just so thankful for these two.  They're such little miracles and they amaze me every single day.  Three years ago (tomorrow in fact) I was suffering a ruptured ectopic.  Emergency surgery.  Scary shit.  I remember the worst pain.  The feeling of bloatedness (different from pg bloat) and pain.  We rushed to the ER.  An ultrasound confirmed our fears.  The IV was placed.  I was wheeled back to surgery.  The lights went out.  I woke up to find out I had a complete rupture.  Not only was my baby gone, but so was my tube.    Three years ago we weren't sure if we'd ever be able to have a child.

TODAY we're marveling at the most beautiful creatures that ever walked (crawled?) the earth.  They're ours!  Today, we're watching them grow into little people.  Today I kissed my babies more times than I care to admit.  Today we're happy and we're celebrating all the little things that make our lives so wonderful.  I mean, the big things too.  I am celebrating the fact that I made it through my twin pregnancy, went on to deliver healthy 36 weekers.  I'm celebrating that my babies are just perfect.  I never thought today would come.  I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment