1.21.2012

{earrings}

Today after months (seriously) of hemming and hawing, deciding and chickening out, we got our baby girls ears pierced.  She sang, talked and played in the car the whole way there.  I was a little sad that I might be about to ruin her fabulous mood :(  We got to the piercing place, met with the chick who would be ripping holes into our *nearly* 10 month old daughter's ears, and signed some paperwork protecting the piercing place from a lawsuit.  

The chick walked me through the sterilization process (impressive), walked me through the piercing process (quick and nearly painless), and showed me how to hold Fancy so she could get the piercing done fast so I could snuggle my girl.  

Paperwork filled out and signed, I held my girl on my lap.  She was starting to notice that something was up.  She was still smiling and playing though.  I flipped her around, held her arms and her forehead and the chick went to work.  In 30 seconds it was done.  After the first ear, Fancy sort of whimpered, but wasn't really too bothered.  The second ear sent her to the roof!  I cried right along with her.  

A couple big wails, a lot of kisses from momma, daddy and brother, and about a minute after the piercing she was back to laughing and giggling.  I'm not at all exaggerating that.  I thought I'd have to gloss over some of the gory details for the blog or at the very least make light of the carnage, but it was so fast and apparently, nearly painless.  I'm not sure there were even any actual tears.  I'm proud of my girl :) and she looks so freaking cute! 


Sweet girl with her newest accessory

Yes this picture is heavily edited.  I'm learning a new editing program and I'm still getting used to the tools.  Hope you're having a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Annie on the new earrings - she looks beautiful. Love, Grandpa Ron.

    ReplyDelete