12.30.2011

{wrapping up 2011}



1. What did you do in 2011 you never did before?
Had twins
...Ya, that pretty much sums up my year :)

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I have no clue what my NY resolution was last year.  I'm not entirely sure I made one. 

For 2012:
To be the best momma and wife I can be. 
Move to NC without a hitch (ya right!)
Buy a home in NC (!!!)
Live a healthy life - aka drop a zillion lbs and cook healthy, find a great excersize routine
Find a great group of supportive friends in NC

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
ME!  Duh.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not that I recall.  One of my very sweet friends lost her Momma this year though.  :(

5. What countries did you visit?Nothing outside the good ole' US of A.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?A home of our own
A calmer schedule-which will be achieved as soon as I quit working on 1/31. 
A healthier life style.  People don't tell you just exactly how much your world gets turned upside down when you welcome twins!
Live more naturally.  I want my children to only put goodness and healthy things into their bodies.  They learn by watching us.
Patience. 

7. What dates from 2011 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
2/23- the day I was admitted to the hospital for 4 weeks of bedrest
3/22- My beautiful twins were born!!!  Best day of my life!
4/3- Fancy came home from the NICU!
4/10- Coach home from the NICU-We could get on with life as a family of FOUR!
5/?- my very first Mothers Day!
6/19- M's very first Father's Day!
*OK pretty much every holiday and "first" the babies experienced.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Carrying my babies to 36 weeks gestation (hardest, yet best thing I've ever done) and delivering HEALTHY TWINS! 

9. What was your biggest failure?
Breastfeeding

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really.  I recovered from a c-section, which was surprisingly incredibly easy. 

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmmmm.  Idk.  We didn't really buy anything this year that's significant. 

12. Where did most of your money go?
Uh, have you been reading?  The twins, hands down.

13. What did you get really excited about?
The birth of our twins.

14. What songs will always remind you of 2011?
Thats a toughie.  Probably lots of Christian Rock songs.  Twin pregnancy-especially the end of twin pregnancy is SCARY.  I spent a lot of time praying and wanting to be near God.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or Sadder:  Happier
Thinner or Fatter: Fatter?  Tough call.  This time last year I was carrying a 7 month pg twin belly.  I have gained WAY too much since they've been born though.  We'll just say *slightly*
Richer or poorer:  Much, much poorer

16. What do you wish you'd done more of:
Hmmm.  I wish I'd enjoyed the end of pregnancy more.  Its such an incredible experience and I wished it away because I wanted to know that my babies got here safely.

I wish I would have tried harder at breastfeeding/pumping.  Always going to be a HUGE regret of mine.

17. What do you wish you had done less of:
Worry

18. How did you spend Christmas?
 Just the 4 of us.  I wish we could have spent it with family, but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles when you live far away.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
Rescue Me

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Sookie Stackhouse.  Although I haven't done much reading.  That new Kindle should cure that!  Thanks mom!

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Pretty much anything Christian and Adele

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Didn't see any.  That twin thing is sorta time consuming :)

23. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Got a brand new camera!
Celebrated the babies 3 month birthday
Turned 28 (eek)

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being debt free

25. What kept you sane?
My babies and my hubby.  No matter how much of a struggle new twin parenthood can be, I take one look at those sweet little faces and life is good again.  Life with twins is SO much easier when you have an amazing daddy.  I'm so thankful he's the best daddy ever.

26. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Keep on keeping on.  No matter how tired you are.  Get to the finish line, no matter what it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment