* Fancy's new favorite word is Mamamamamamamamamaamamamamama. I'm so proud :) Coach is still a big fan of the "d", so we hear a lot of Dadaddadadadad and LOTS of other interesting stuff in between. Have I mentioned how much I love this age?!?
* Fancy reaches for e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. When she doesn't get it she screams. So, we give it to her. Yep, she's rotten. In the mall today I was carrying her and she dove for the waterford crystal ornaments. I reacted just in time. She's got great taste, but thank Baby Jesus she didn't get one or knock the display over b/c they ran $50+ a pop.
* I'm officially obsessed with the Pottery Barn Red Retro Kitchen. I care not that it's $700, it will be
* We literally have NO dresses or skirts for Fancy. TONS of pink, frilly, cute clothes, but no dresses. I just realized that in church today when I saw a baby a couple rows ahead of us in a precious little skirt. I'm all about dressing Fancy really girly, how did I miss buying skirts/dresses for this current wardrobe??? At least she's got bows and headbands in every color of the rainbow :)
* All four of us are coming down with something. I woke up with a hideous sore throat and sneeze. When M came home he mentioned he was getting stuffy and the babies have been coughing and sneezing all day. Not to mention incredibly CLINGY and fussy-not at all like them.
* They've been sleeping exclusively in their cribs (!!!) which are still right next to my bed, BUT they are sleeping through the night again. Hallelujah!
* I'm attempting a form of sleep training. I noticed when I keep them in bed with me, they just want to play now. So, we do their bedtime routine and I put them in their cribs and turn out the light. They usually fuss for a minute or two, but then they roll over and go to sleep. If they're screaming, I get bring them in bed with me to snuggle for a minute or two and that usually does the trick. The only reason I'm comfortable with letting them fuss for a few minutes is because I'm in the room with them. FYI, this technique is failing me tonight. They're currently trying to get back to sleep in my bed. So much for getting cocky.
* Coach is a crawling fool. That kid gets around! He alternates between army crawling and real crawling, but he can get across a room in a matter of minutes. Fancy gets around too, but she'd much rather have us hold her or fuss and let us get her the toy she wants. She's her mother's daughter :)
* Coach is doing this funny new move. It looks like the worm, but he doesn't move backwards, he just sort of jumps on his arms. This kid is hilarious.
* Fancy has become a handful. She HAS to be held by M or I and it changes daily (if not hourly) as to who she prefers to do the holding. Mainly its daddy, but occasionally she lets momma snuggle her.
* Separation anxiety has begun. If we leave the room, they both freak.
* Its VERY hard to comfort two 18lb babies at the same time, by yourself. Thank the good Lord neither of them were/are colicky. I don't think I would have survived.
* Coach sleeps on his belly with his booty in the air, like this
Yet that was Fancy's favorite position in the womb and she sleeps all sprawled out and usually on her back. Maybe she literally had no room to stretch?
* Coach and Fancy have the exact same laugh when they really get giggling.
* Coach and Fancy have the exact same laugh when they really get giggling.
* Still no teeth in either mouth.
* Fancy's hair is starting to curl, Coach has a smidge of curl too.
* I was sitting in church today laughing and shooshing as Coach cooed and "talked" during the most inopportune times and I had deja vu of sorts. This time last year I sat in the very same pew holding my big belly, incredibly uncomfortable already, but so thankful. Its amazing to think that a whole year has gone by. At this point, Coach and Fancy have been "here" longer than I was pregnant with them.
* An older lady walks up to me and M in Nordstrom today. She literally grabbed my arm and pulled me to her. She put her face right up to mine and said "my girlfriend had two sets of twins two years apart. Next time...watch out, it'll be CONGRATS, twins again!". M and I just kept walking - if not at a much quicker pace than before. When the coast was clear I looked at him and he shared my horrified expression. I'm very much a bubble person. She was WAY to far inside my bubble. Plus, we realize we're a sideshow when we go out, but just smile and be on your merry way, why freak someone out like that!? Twin pregnancy is VERY hard and VERY scary, I wouldn't want to put another two of my children through the uncertainties that come along with a multiple, high risk pregnancy. I was blessed to have minimal complications and two *almost* full term, healthy babies the first go round, I'm not chancing fate again! It better not be foreshadowing!
* An older lady walks up to me and M in Nordstrom today. She literally grabbed my arm and pulled me to her. She put her face right up to mine and said "my girlfriend had two sets of twins two years apart. Next time...watch out, it'll be CONGRATS, twins again!". M and I just kept walking - if not at a much quicker pace than before. When the coast was clear I looked at him and he shared my horrified expression. I'm very much a bubble person. She was WAY to far inside my bubble. Plus, we realize we're a sideshow when we go out, but just smile and be on your merry way, why freak someone out like that!? Twin pregnancy is VERY hard and VERY scary, I wouldn't want to put another two of my children through the uncertainties that come along with a multiple, high risk pregnancy. I was blessed to have minimal complications and two *almost* full term, healthy babies the first go round, I'm not chancing fate again! It better not be foreshadowing!
* Along that same vein, lately I've been slightly jealous if my friends pregnant with singletons. While I love both my babies and I feel so blessed to have twins, I feel like I was sort of jipped (sp?) out of all the wonderful things about pregnancy. I enjoyed the kicks and the big belly and the great hair/skin, but I spent 90% of my time worrying, puking, contracting or in pain. I never got to "glow" or be that beautiful pregnant woman who enjoyed the fruits of being pg. Eff, I couldn't even eat pickles and ice cream or whatever strange combo I wanted b/c I was diabetic. Oh well. What matters is that all of us made it out of that pregnancy healthy and I have the two most beautiful children ever. I'd go through it all again for them in a heartbeat.
Well that got heavier than intended. I don't have much to blog about and I haven't taken new pics since Thursday, so this is what you're stuck with :)

No comments:
Post a Comment