All I ever wanted to be 'when I grew up' was a Momma. I had baby dolls galore, in fact, I probably played with them well past the intended age. I dreamed about motherhood. I obsessed over the babies of our family friends growing up and couldn't wait for it to be my turn. At a young age I wanted children FAR more than I wanted Prince Charming. Its a good thing he came along early though ;)
Drooly kisses, gummy grins, silly giggles, bright eyes and all the other wondrous gifts that come with parenthood. They'll be big bad 7 month olds in just 3 days. I'm loving every minute of watching them grow. Everyday is a new "trick". I was SURE I'd be ready for another baby by the time they were one. Um...ahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaahahha!
We're waiting until at least two, maybe three. The newborn stage is so easy compared to these big babies we have now. When they slept, ate, pooped and slept some more, life was cake. You could put them in a swing/bouncy and keep up with the Jones'. Now they are into everything, army crawling around the house. You have to keep your eagle eye on BOTH of them at all times. They are interested in everything about the world around them and its such a wonder to watch them grow before our very eyes.
When we're not entertaining or supervising, we're cleaning up after them. Endless laundry, bottle washing, picking up toys, etc. Its tiresome, but EXACTLY how I pictured it. I love it. Well, most of the time ;) They're so fun! I love waking up to their smiles. The kind of smiles I used to be so jealous of when I'd watch other people's kids. I'm Momma and their smiles are for me. They want me. They look to me for protection and guidance. I'm Momma. Finally.




I LOVE the pic of you all! It's perfection!
ReplyDelete