9.08.2011

{teething toys and other tales}

We're in the early stages of teething.  See...

Although, Coach prefers a good ol' set of knuckles to a frozen toy


The babies seem to have a "witching hour".  They'll go to sleep around 7:30-8p and then get up around 10p and want to party.  Evidence...

and


and


and


They're tricky now in that they wake each other up.  For instance, tonight, I had Coach down and I was working on rocking Fancy.  Her eyes are closed and she's sucking on her Nuk.  So very close to sleeping bliss for all three of us (daddy is working).  Out of nowhere she starts "singing".  I mean she's BELTING it.  Singing then becomes screeching and in a matter of seconds they're both wide awake, chatting and giggling.  Its hard getting two very determined babies down for the night when they want to stay up and party.

As challenging as twins can be when I'm by myself, I love our special time together.  We haven't had much since I delivered them.  We love having daddy around, don't get me wrong.  He's absolutely fabulously wonderful and I couldn't do this without him.  BUT, playtime with just me and them is sacred.  It brings back all those memories of when the three of us were sharing a body.  As uncomfortable as I was, it was amazing.  I was so in tune with them.  It was cool.  I miss that, but I love being able to kiss the bodies that I was so anxious to meet.

I know I've gushed endlessly about the joys of motherhood and here comes some more :)  Every day when I wake up to the two most beautiful smiling faces, I fall deeper in love.  I didn't know a heart could be so full.  Motherhood is by far and away the most amazing role in life.  I always knew I wanted to be a mommy, ALWAYS, but I had no idea just how powerful a feeling it would be.  The love you have for your child/children is instantaneous and its intense.  The moment you meet them, you'll do anything for their happiness, health, safety, love, etc.  Your heart beats for them.

We're almost to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment