9.18.2011

{green beans}

They weren't as big of a show stopper as the sweet potatoes and bananas have been, but they like them.  I love those faces they make when trying new foods.  Always a "wtf is this" face followed by a smile.  They are such great eaters.  Its back to sweet potatoes tomorrow and then maybe peas or we might try introducing another fruit.  Those peaches look pretty yummy!

They'll be SIX months old on Thursday.  Completely unbelievable.  Its been the most incredible, yet most challenging six months of my life.  They are amazing.  I'm in awe of them every single day.  I still can't believe they're mine ours.  I'll do a milestones post on their actual month day, but briefly, here's what they're up to.

Fancy:
*She's gotten up on all fours, rocked for a second or two and then fallen down.  She's oh so close to crawling.
*She loves "Thriller".  Its the chorus line that get her.  As soon as she heas "'Cause this is thriller, thriller night..." she starts giggling uncontrollably.  M randomly started singing Thriller one evening and Fancy literally couldn't stop giggling.  Its hysterical.
*She talks non-stop.  She's using her tongue now and starting to mimic words we say.  Some of the easier sounds we've heard from her are the "da" "ma" "hi" etc.  They're not words yet, but she's definitely starting to hear things and repeat in her own way.  I think this kid will be an early talker.
*She can wave!  I wave at them from the kitchen when I'm cleaning up or cooking and they're in their plays stations.  She has started to mimic my hand gestures.  She sees use wave to her (hand open hand closed) and she looks down at her hands and opens and closes them.  Occasionally she'll lift her arm and actually wave AT us.  Its still very much a work in progress, but we're getting there!

Coach:
*He grabs EVERYTHING.  He's a hands on kid.  His favorite thing to grab are shiny things (mommy's earrings) or mommy's hair.  Although, he's VERY interested in food these days, so he goes for whatever we're eating also.
*Daddy's boy.  He gets to a point every evening where nothing satisfies him.  He'll fuss and we'll try a bottle, diaper change, time in wally, time on the play mat, swings, etc.  Then I hand him off to daddy.  Problem solved.  M and Coach have the sweetest bond (so do M and Fancy).  Coach knows daddy's a lot of fun, so he expects results.  M tickles him and plays with him, which send him into fits of the sweetest giggles ever.
*He's very interested in the animals.  That will be trouble.
*He stands very well and he's almost totally corrected his head/neck control issues we worried about a few months ago.

We're heading home on Thursday, so we've got a ton of packing and planning to do.  I'm hoping to take some more pics this week and get them uploaded, but we'll see how it goes.

I'm gonna turn in, this is what's waiting for me upstairs :)
*They fell asleep like this after their bottles.  They're now safely in their cribs for anyone judging concerned.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your baby posts! They are too sweet! Please tell MO I say hello and that I miss it.

    ReplyDelete