8.13.2011

{RIP}

In college I was in a sorority.  Up until my kids were born, I'd characterize my sorority days as the best days of my life.  I loved all four years of college and they really made me who I am.  I lived in my sorority house my sophomore year with 55 other fabulous Alpha Chi's.  We had a house mom named Grammy.  She was more like a mother.  She loved each of us like we were her own.  She was an incredibly loving woman and had a heart of gold.  She was beautiful inside and out.  
 
I woke up this morning to an email from our alumni coordinator on Springfield (where I went to college and where Grammy lived).  Our sweet Grammy went to Heaven this morning.  As I read the email, my heart sank and immediately the world became a little less bright.  All day I've been looking at pictures of my sorority days and remembering that wonderful woman she was.  They just don't make em' like her anymore.  


RIP sweet lady.  

1 comment:

  1. Grammy was such a sweet lady. She did a lot of great things for our chapter.

    ReplyDelete