8.16.2011

[day from HELL]

You know those days where shit just keeps compounding?  I woke up knowing it wouldn't be a good day.  I hate that.  When you just KNOW you're day is going to suck.  Anyway, my sixth sense didn't fail me today unfortunately.  It was awful.

First, Coach was up three times last night.  He gets so upset (from hunger) that he goes into full on hysterics.  I get it, I mean, who likes to wake up starving, right?  However, his shit fit wakes up his sister-who sleeps through the night...well, when she's not being woken up by brother dearest.  That's threeeeeeeeee feeding sessions where we all kept falling asleep.  I think they got about 1/3-1/2 of the bottle down before passing out.  Its not natural to be up that much at night.  Maybe a growth spurt?

Second, we had a good 8am feeding and I was looking forward to another 2 hours of sleep.  Fancy snuggled in and fell right asleep.  Coach had other ideas.  He was the sleep nazi (chill, if you've seen Seinfeld's "soup nazi" you know what I'm talking about)  "No sleep for YOU".  He talked and cried the entire two hours.  Momma didn't get that nap.  I was pissed.  Who do I get to be pissed at though?  I can't be mad at my baby, he doesn't know any better.  Nonetheless, I was irked at the sandman for not visiting again.

Third, our cats have been demons from hell lately.  I walked by our guest bedroom to get baby clothes for the day and I see Charlie sitting on a pillow, I look closer-he's looking right at me, he's PEEING on my mother bleeping guest bed.  I look closer, he'd been doing it for a couple days.  The room smells awful.  I absolutely cannot stand pee, poop, puke, etc.  I'm at the end of my rope with them.  We now have to get rid of the mattress and all the bedding.  Thanks f*ckers.  Our knee jerk reaction is to get rid of them.  They tear up carpet, periodically get into phases where they pee outside of the litter box, terrorize the dog, etc.  That's still very much a possibility, but we're gonna give it one last shot.  If they don't shape up, they're gone.  We realize that we have to work hard to help curb this behavior.  Wish us luck.

Fourth, my referral for the endocrinologist came through.  I called to make an appointment.  Those that know me, know I freak out about e.v.e.r.y. little thing.  A lump in my throat "believed to be benign in nature" or not, I need to have it investigated STAT.  The peach of a receptionist I spoke to told me I needed the ultrasound video (yes the actual video-no idea why) and medical records pertaining to my visit.  I call the base clinic, of course the 12 year olds working the phones in med records hung up on me accidentally and couldn't help me-the words were too big apparently.

I finally got someone worth their weight in tin and asked if the endo's request was protocol.  She said no.  That got me thinking.  Why was I going to this hack?  I call the endo's office back to ask WHY they need the actual cd, why can't they use images and notes?  I got a new lady this time and she told me Dr. Soandso is no longer accepting new patients.  You might want to inform your other receptionists of this development.  This is VERY typical for this hospital.  There's a reason we avoid it like the plague.  I call triwest to see if I can chose my provider.  Thankfully, I get a fabulous representative there and she helps me pick a doc.  I would have been REAL pissed if I went through all the trouble (and it was TROUBLE) to get that damn cd and find out after the fact that this jamoke wasn't accepting new patients.

I call the new endo's office and talk to a wonderfully pleasant scheduler.  She just needs the auth # (standard protocol) and tells me to bring my records with me when I come for my appt.  I ask if she needs my u/s video and she says "why would we need that?  We have an u/s machine here that the Dr will us."  Genius!  I already love them, they're self sufficient.  We talked about what the nodules/cysts could mean and what size nodules they would biopsy.  She reassured me that the vast majority of them are benign and the Dr will probably just want to keep an eye on things.  Still, until I get these suckers looked at by an actual Endocrinologist I won't be able to exhale.  Even then, you can't tell if they are benign or malignant via u/s.  If she thinks they look suspicious or if they are greater than 1cm in size they do a fine needle aspiration.  A needle in the neck.

So I set my appointment with Dr Wonderful and move on with my day.  At 4p I suddenly remember something I needed to get done for my boss.  I frantically run around and get it done.  Thankfully, I have the best bosses in the world and it all turned out ok.

*sigh*

Still with me?  We also found out today that our neighbors (THOSE neighbors) are getting hard wood floors put in.  WTF yo?  We've been here almost 3 years and we're still in the nasty ass carpet that was here when we moved in.  I texted her to inquire as to how they pulled that off.  They apparently complained endlessly.  I don't have time for that.  Carpet it is.  You can't win em all, right?

It appears M had the same kind of day I did.  It was one of those days where you don't know if you want to cry or break shit.  I hovered somewhere solidly between the two.  I didn't cry or break shit.  So I'm doing good.  I just looked at the clock.  MIDNIGHT!  A new day.  Praise the Lord.  Lets hope there are no residuals from yesterday.

My babies are sleeping sweetly, so I need to head to bed too.  I'm confident that tonight will be a better night for sleep.  It has to be!  Thanks for bearing with me :)  If you don't mind, will you keep me and my wonky thyroid in your prayers?  I appreciate it!

For your effort, here are some cute pics!




I could keep going, but I'll spare you.  Happy END OF Monday!  Welcome Tuesday, I'm off and I'm going shopping.  Shopping makes everything better, right?!

2 comments:

  1. I totally did a little retail therapy today! I woke up still pissed this morning though. I think I need to go get a massage and just be done with stressing about things I cannot control.

    Don't freak about the doc appointment. It's easier said than done, I know. Also, make M go with you to your appointment because 2 sets of ears are better than 1! I made my Grandma go to an appointment with me not too long ago for my liver. I think I made her a little uncomfortable when I asked if I was allowed to drink...Bahahahaha! Hope today was better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (hugs) Tomorrow is a new day and I sure hope it goes better for you.

    ReplyDelete