7.30.2011

{one more?}

How about a really happy post to end the night?

LINK

My good friend Sam @ Walk A Mile In My Boots just wrote a touching post about this historic event.  It inspired me to write one of my own.

They look happy, don't they?  They like they're in love and relieved that their state FINALLY recognizes their relationship.  Can you really label love as right or wrong?  Who are we to ban a rite that is given so freely to everyone else?  Phyllis and Connie are now recognized as a married couple.  What a HUGE day for America.  

I'm admittedly and proudly, pretty conservative.  This area is one where I detour from the traditional conservative beliefs  Lets strip away politics.  You have two human beings who love each other enough to make a commitment to spend the rest of their lives together, to possibly start a family and live their version of the American dream.  As Christians, as AMERICANS, why wouldn't you promote that kind of positive, happy example.  I understand that in many's eyes, marriage is a religious rite and homosexuality defies religion.  God made us all, each of us individually, but in His likeness.  He made no mistakes.

Way to go NY!  I hope the rest of the country catches up soon.  
Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment