7.08.2011

{I can do anything you can do better}

I can do anything better than YOU!  This just happens to be the mantra of my twins.  Only not so much with anything other than screaming.  They're both progressing nicely in the development department, not so much one uppance there.  Fancy laughs, Coach laughs.  Coach rolls, Fancy rolls.  You get the idea.  They play well together.  When one of them starts screaming, all that team player nonsense goes out the window.

Let me paint a picture for you.  M and I are in the living room playing with Coach and Fancy.  Could be the play gym or maybe the swing or bouncy seat.  Everyone's happy and Momma even gets to snap some of the million pictures she takes in a day.  Hunger starts to grip one little tummy.  The owner of that one little tummy starts to fuss.  Its usually Coach.  We sing to him and try to calm him down-so he makes it to at least 2 hours between feeds (they usually go 3, but we're in a growth spurt).  He's not having it.  Cue hysterics.  I'm not talking about crying.  This child goes into near convulsions.  It takes about 1 solid minute to make a bottle (less when you watch your child freak the fudge out like that).  In the span of this one minute, Coach manages to turn several shades of red then purple.

Fancy, who was *just* smiling and giggling at her Daddy, is now joining her brother.  She skips over the fussy stage and goes straight for hysterics.  The first time I heard this, I was sure someone was removing one of her limbs without anesthesia.  That is how hard she screams.  Now that both babies are screaming to beat the band, its like the Olympics of suffering.  Sometimes M and I just look at each other and laugh.  I mean, what else can you do in that moment?  A moment where you're so completely overwhelmed and don't know who to reach for first.  You just take a deep breath and keep your cool.

The good news is, once the bottles are in place, all is right with the world.  They're no slouches in the eating department.  They now suck down a minimum of 4 oz every 2 or so hours.  We're trying to up the oz to space out feedings, but they're not having it.  We feed on demand, so if they want it, they get it.  Even if its every 1.5-2 hours.  We're thinking they're super close to 5 oz every 3-4 hours, but we're gonna let them make that decision.  Wow, that was an incredibly boring paragraph.  Sorry guys, that is what comprises a mom brain-feeding schedules, color/consistency of poop, nap schedules, etc.

I need to get a video of this melt down, but we're usually so flustered we forget to grab the camera.  I'll work on that ;)

Please keep my friend Erin in your prayers.  She's hurting and she needs all the love we can surround her with.

Fancy enjoying a bottle.  No we don't normally prop or feed them in their car seats, but this was one of those melt downs where it was life, limb or bottle :)

Coach in his favorite spot doing his favorite thing.  

Poor Coach gets the shit beat out of him by his sassy pants sister.  He gets her back in other ways.  He's sneaky like that.

Have a fantabulous weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment