Have you ever had just the perfect day? A day where you feel utter contentment and happiness deep in your bones? The kind of day you look back on frequently and smile about? They aren't the "big ones" in life-wedding, birth of child, etc. They are the unexpected perfect days. The ones that sneak up on you and leave you feeling invigorated, renewed. Aren't they wonderful? I thought I'd share a handful of mine.
Rocky Mountain National Park-December 2008. We had lived here for exactly 8 days. We were "green" and didn't realize that December in the Rockies wasn't the time to try and climb a mountain or even sight see. We had a blast! The picture tells it all :) We found out we were pregnant that night, the cap to a perfect day. Sadly, we would lose this baby a little over a month later.
St Mary's Glacier. Colorado is just absolutely stunning. Thats no secret. However, there are hidden treasures in this magical land and this is one of them. You hike for what seems like forever in the runoff ditch of the glacier (I believe its about a mile...straight up). When you reach the top, this is what you see. A beautiful glass-like lake at the base of the remnants of St Mary's Glacier. Just amazing. This was a good day :)
Leadville CO. Hiking the mineral belt trail. Just us, our dog and the big beautiful Rockies. You're looking at Mt Massive. The temp was perfection, the breeze was just right and we walked and talked for hours. My kind of day.
Our first glimpse of Georgetown CO. This is Georgetown Lake. Isn't it spectacular? One of my favorite places in CO. This town is so full of spirit. On the far side of the peaks, WAY across the lake is the road to Guanella Pass. Another breathtaking journey.
Rocky Mountain National Park again. We can't get enough of this place :) This picture totally doesn't do it justice. We were driving in RMNP and this view was off to the side of the road. No signs indicating a fabulous view, but there it was. M slammed on the breaks, we reversed, parked and stood in awe for about a minute. I mean LOOK at this view. God does amazing work, no?
Colorado Springs. I was about 9 weeks pregnant with the twins and we went to our last USAF game (the 9/11 Classic-Thanks Amanda!). On the way home we were stuck in traffic-as per usual with those games. This was our view. I took this from the comfort of our car. Spectacular! The wildflowers take my breathe away.
Leadville again. This is Mt Elbert. We took a train ride on the Leadville Southern RR in May 2009. M's first time up there and real first experience with my magic mountains. I have a passionate love for the Rockies, but you probably already knew that ;) I loved introducing M to my other love in life. How can you see this perfect creation and not believe there is a God?
Lookout Mountain. We visited this little gem after a long day of white water rafting with the L family. Looking at this picture, I can smell what that day was like. I love those memories. M and I sat on the edge of this cliff and pondered life for a couple hours. It was perfect.
Georgetown again, can you tell we love this place? One of many loves on my list of little mountain towns. Every day as the sun dips below the peaks you see this. Sitting on the banks of this little lake, you can't help but be so in love with life. The world is perfect from this perch. Its nice to go here to get lost in yourself for a while.
This was the same day on Georgetown Lake. I love this picture. They waded out a ways and Nellie kept on pulling M. M was laughing and he had the best time. The mountains are a bonus ;)
Grand Lake. Oh my goodness. This day was incredibly beautiful. We hiked RMNP and took some back roads across CO. We ran into GL on accident, but I feel like it was divine intervention. I needed that day. I love that day. We spent a lot of time exploring this splendid little town and took the long way home. You just have to experience CO to fall in love with life.
More Grand Lake. These were Crane's or Heron's. They were incredible. They flew in and landed right in front of our perch. Its like we were meant to experience their beauty. For what? I have no idea. Maybe to gain a deeper appreciation for the beauty that is the animal kingdom-who knows. What I do know is, they were just amazing. Literally breathtaking.
So ends the tour of my perfect days. Thanks for allowing me to recap them for you. For now, they all revolve around my magic mountains. There's something up there that cleans out all the heaviness and crud in your soul and replaces it with beauty, hope and love. As I've said all along, they're magic ;)



I love perfect days too!
ReplyDelete