So even though I had the worlds toughest pregnancy (20+ weeks of throwing up everyday, gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia, "one of the worst cases of abdominal separation I've seen" ((I still look 5 months pregnant-I'll get into this in a post soon)), 10 weeks of contractions, a month of hospital bedrest, etc), neither of my children look like me. How does that happen?! Don't get me wrong, I love the hodge podge of genetics that make up their sweet faces, but they look like everyone but me.
Obviously Miss {A} looks just like her daddy. Before she really grew into her face everyone said she looked just like my Grandma B. {M} originally looked just like his daddy (he still does), but now he looks a lot like my brother and dad when they were babies. Only TWICE has someone said one of them looked like me. The first time was in the delivery room. The head NICU nurse told me {A} looked so much like me. I never saw it and still don't. Then on facebook a friend from college told me {M} looked like me. Usually I just hear "wow they look so much like their dad."
I have all the dominant features so I'm still scratching my head as to how I have a blonde haired blue eyed daughter. I love it though, they are just splendidly beautiful. Genetics is truly a funny thing. I waited my whole life to see what they would look like and I'm surprised, but so in love with the outcome :)
For comparison,
{A} Me {M}
{A} M {M}
((this is the youngest pic I have here of M-he was baby #4 so not a ton of pics exist))


No comments:
Post a Comment