I don't know much about anything. I feel like I fit squarely into the "average" category in most cases. My life has been just like every other average person's life. But on March 22, my life became extraordinary. The Lord saw fit to make me Momma to these two absolutely beautiful, enchanting creatures. I'm completely smitten. Every day, no every hour since their birth has been unbelievable. They make me a better person. Their existence gives me such a rush. I have a renewed zest for life. I was made to be Momma.
On August 9, 2010 I found out someone special was on his/her way. About 2 weeks after that I found out TWO special someones were on their way. Dr S had just started the ultrasound to date the pregnancy and I'll never forget this, she said "looks like you'll need TWO cribs!". I freaked. Then I looked over at M who was sitting in a chair on the other side of the ultrasound table. He was beaming. I relaxed, I let myself be thankful for these two little miracles. The pregnancy was filled with worry and fear, but when I heard baby {M}'s first robust cries (followed a minute later by his sister) I sighed a big sigh of relief. I did it. I carried TWO healthy babies to term (well, twin term). They were here, my job was done, no more worries...or so I thought. Though the journey of pregnancy had come to an end, an all new journey had begun. The journey of motherhood. While I worry incessantly and constantly question every step of the way, its what I was made to do. If feel like life up until this point has been in preparation for them.
I love every little bit of this chaos that is new motherhood. Sure, I get frustrated when both bambinos are screaming. Who wouldn't? You take a deep breath, get through it and when they smile in response to your face, all is right with the world. I love that my voice and scent comfort them. They look to me for everything. I'm mom.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom and mom's-to be out there! A special Happy Mother's Day to my own momma, you've taught me a lot and I can't wait to see the relationship you'll develop with the twins. So special! A whole new journey for you as well ;)
ETA: A big shout out to my wonderful husband for making my first mother's day beautiful. He got me a card from the babies that was just hysterical! The front said "today's the day where everyone pees where they are supposed to". Ya, he's good!
Man, it sounds awesome. I hope I enjoy it half as much as you do. Also, the Tina Fey prayer was AMAZING. :-) (-Katie M)
ReplyDelete