Now about the shots. When the doc asked if we could do shots today, M and I sort of panicked. Were we ready for this?! We agreed it was time and he went to get the nurse. She came back in with an arsenal of syringes with sharp ass needles that were mean for my sweet cheeks leggies. Oh and the rotovirus drink. The drink went down smooth on both babies. When the needles came out, that was another story. We started with baby {M}. As soon as the nurse plunged the needle into his little chunky leg-WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! My poor boy was not expecting that. His little face crumbled and he just let loose. In the mean time, the nurse kept on plunging. Two more shots went in before it was over. Nursie put the bandaids on and I swooped him up to comfort him. I couldn't take anymore of my sweet boy being in pain. I'm a wuss, sue me.
Now it was {A}'s turn. M went over with her. She took her shots like a CHAMP. She screamed for about 3 seconds, then she was smiling at daddy. That kid is a bruiser. We have our photo shoot on Tuesday for the hospital ad campaign, so we STUPIDLY went shopping after our doc appointment. They did great all day, slept in the stroller while we shopped. HUGE sales at Children's Place by the way! We were on our way back to the car to go home when all hades broke loose. Eatin' time! As we loaded them and our loot into the car people stared with pity. I climbed in between the two car seats (tough fit!), made the bottles and all was right with the world.
I've told M before "everyone loves a twin", he never really took me seriously. Today was our first outting together. Every couple steps someone stopped us to ask about the babies, thankfully no one touched them. I would have had to go all momma bear on their butt. Everyone "knows" a set of twins and that makes them an expert. We just smiled and made polite chit chat with those who stopped us. In the car on the way home M told me we were keeping them inside until they were two :) Of course thats impossible, but we're a total side show in public. Everyone loves a twin :)
I met a mom at JCP today who had a 5 month old and she invited me to be part of her Mommy & Me group here. Yay! I love my military mommies, but I need some time away from this life style every now and then. I'm excited to get to know people outside base.
We got the CUTEST shirts at CP today. I'll take some pics and try and post them this weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment