5.03.2011

My son is a musical genius

I was listening to Billy Joel-specifically Lullaby and I was holding both screaming babies (hey, its the reality of having twins!).  I turned the music way up and started belting the lyrics, I was willing to try anything at this point. About two lines in, {A} had fallen asleep (she likes loud noise) and {M} was staring at me, completely captivated.  We sat there for hours and I sang to him.  The entire time he looked right into my eyes, watched my mouth move and started to coo and emulate the movements my mouth was making.  It was so stinking fun!

I turned the music off, he started fussing.  I turned iTunes back on to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (Somewhere Over The Rainbow), he stopped fussing and started smiling.  They are six weeks old today, so smiling on demand like that is pretty rare.  We're *so* close, but not quite there yet.  I'm pumped that his first real grin was to a classic like Somewhere Over The Rainbow, especially since The Wizard of Oz is his daddy's favorite movie.

As it turns out, {M} also loves Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan, James Taylor, Johnny Cash, Elton John and Elvis.  He's got great taste ;)  Poor little {A} doesn't seem to have the same appreciation that her brother does.  I'm not too worried just yet, after all, they're only a month and a half old.

Its really amazing to watch these little people grow and learn.  Six short weeks ago (almost exactly to the minute) they made me a mom.  11:44am and 11:45am on 3/22/11 were the two happiest moments of my life.  Seeing their little faces after 9 months of wondering what they'd look like was just amazing.  I really don't think an adequate word exists to capture the feeling of seeing your child(ren) for the first time.

Not only are they the most beautiful children in the world, they look like US.  That was one of the biggest shocks of that day.  I mean, obviously, you know they'll resemble you, but seeing my face on my son's tiny little body was just crazy.  My daughter is the spitting damn image of her daddy.  I love that :)  I could go on for days about who has who's features (you'll do this too when your babies come, trust me!), but you probably don't care.

I love watching their personalities develop.  {A} is *just* like me.  She's sassy and impatient.  She's intense and loud.  She fights sleep like a mother effer and she can go from calm, cool and collected to freak out mode in milliseconds.  She's smart, she loves to eat, she LOVES to be held, she likes snuggling with her brother, she's really good at head/neck control (something we're still working on with {M}) and she's absolutely beautiful.  She likes her hair bows (mostly), I put one on her everyday so she'll get used to them.  She has the longest eyelashes I've ever seen on a 6 week old.  They curl up just like mine.  Her hair is strawberry blonde and her eyes are HUGE and very light.  We are almost positive they'll stay blue.  *fingers crossed*

{M} is exactly like his daddy.  He's mellow.  He's quiet.  He's long and skinny.  He's got lots of dark hair that has just a touch of blonde undertone.  His eyes are darker, we think they'll be hazel like mine, but I'm holding out hope for green.  He's got the most luscious lips I've ever seen on a child.  He looks a lot like my dad and brother.  He's a great sleeper.  He snuggles right into your chest.  He's also completely gorgeous.  I cannot get enough of their little faces.  We oohh and ahh over every expression/noise and kiss every inch of their faces.  Every I guess you could say we're obsessed with our kids.  I'm totally digging every.single.second of this momma thing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment