3.18.2011

Updates from L&D

The first three weeks here were pretty uneventful, NOW is a different story.  We have a birthdate!  We're not sharing :)  We'll make a big introductory post when they arrive, which is VERY SOON.  While that day is scheduled, my pre-e has been really problematic lately.  My bp's are on the rise and almost daily we have to worry if this cluster of bp spikes will trigger delivery.  Its exhausting!  Some days I'm ready, others I'm not.  I like that its not really up to me!  They'll come when they come and if they don't come by 3/**/11 on their own, we'll deliver.  I'm scared about getting really sick with pre-e.  Its not a pleasant disease and its very unpredictable.  If things advance really quickly, my liver and kidneys could be compromised.  I could have strokes or seizures.  The disease could constrict blood flow to my babies.  All things WAY too devastating for me to think of right now.  Its a huge concern and my nurses and Dr.s are watching me very closely in order to avoid complications.

I'm praying that we can get to our scheduled csection with no complications.

Lately, the contractions have been ramping up as well.  Double whammy!  At this point, the Dr reassures me that my contractions are extremely typical for this late in twin pregnancy.  She keeps telling me that my body is DONE being pregnant.  I completely agree!  My uterus is stretched way beyond where it should be and my muscles are just done.  My contractions seem to be braxton-hicks.  They don't really have any pain associated with them, just tightness and some pressure.  When I was checked 3 weeks ago, my cervix was closed and soft, but with these b-hicks, I'm sure I'm starting to efface.  Thankfully, the nurses reassure me that if I was in full blown labor, I'd KNOW it.  I would apparently be in quite a bit of pain.

Babies look great!  They are hanging in there like little jumping beans.  I have 3 NST's a day to check their level of activity to make sure they are getting adequate blood flow and having the proper amount of excels and decels in heart rate.  So far, so good.  Its just unreal that we will meet them so soon.  I've waited my whole life to meet these two, SO CLOSE!

Please keep all 4 of us in your prayers.  Lots of wonderful, yet scary things coming our way!

4 comments:

  1. Good to see an update, although I'm sorry that your BP isn't cooperating. I hope it steadies and that you can hit your end date. I can only imagine how surreal it is! Take good care. I'll continue to think of and pray for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to *virtually* meet A and M! I hope everything goes smoothly and they can hang in there until it's "go time".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see their pictures and know their names! Fingers crossed for a smooth delivery for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an exciting update! I hope your BP levels out and there aren't any more complications surrounding the birth. Can we get one more belly picture?! ;)

    ReplyDelete