She's a hoot. She's probably in her mid-fifties and I seriously want to bottle her up and take her home with me...whenever that will be. She calls me toots, she calls the twins "the twinkies" or "wee ones"-yes she sounds JUST like Shrek! She comes in in the mornings and asks me if I've had "breckie" (breakfast) yet. She's a gas! She's from Pueblo, so like 100 miles from here and she travels and stays in a hotel for the week. That in itself would be rough, add that to the fact that she is elbow deep in cervix, placentas and babies-that makes her a rockstar!
All the nurses here are just wonderful. One has been a bit strange-she wakes me up from naps just to chat. Seriously sister? Momma needs her rest. Other than that, they are all super sweet. We've been through the whole rotation at this point (I think) and they are all really supportive and my biggest cheer leaders. They make being away from home a little easier to swallow :)
I'm starting to get sad that I have to be away from home. I'm hoping its just that I'm tired and hormonal. I've done so well, but as we reach this two week mark, I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. M is wonderful, he stays with me most nights-and you know how uncomfortable these hospital guest beds are. Bless his heart :) The days he's got to check in at work or spend time with the menagerie, he sleeps at home. We're trying not to completely piss off the animals, that will happen soon enough when we bring home two teeny little screaming bundles.
I feel bad that M has to do it all. He keeps up the house, pays all the bills, takes care of me, makes sure the animals feel loved, etc. He's positively wonderful. He does all this while preparing himself to be a dad to twins. Men don't get much better than him :) I hope he knows how much I appreciate him and all he's doing for us. He claims its his "job" as the head of the household, that he's been waiting his whole life to be Daddy and this all just goes along with it. He seems not to care about the load on his shoulders and in fact, he seems to love it. I'll take his word for it!
Last night we were watching a movie and Baby M started to really roll around. M came over and started talking to my belly, this kid loves his daddy! We saw a little arm/elbow pop out and move around by my belly button, so sweet! I never knew the love you have for your children is so intense...I haven't even "met" them yet! Seeing M love on his babies (even though they aren't here yet) is seriously the most precious sight in the world. I'm so thankful for him and these beautiful babies.
Hope everyone had a great weekend :) I promise I'll try to think of more interesting things to blog about-other than the hospital and babies. Its sort of my world right now (I haven't left these four walls in nearly 2 weeks...yep, true story). If all goes well, we have about 2 weeks left, sigh. I have to keep pumping myself up and telling myself that this is the best place for us and we NEED to be here. We want to get these babies to 36 weeks and I know that probably won't happen if I go home. I'll be trying too hard to help M out or make meals or help with the animals. It will go down hill fast. So for now, I just keep plugging away. Every day is one day closer to meeting our babies!
Sounds like a great nursing staff. Love, Dad.
ReplyDeleteI personally love reading your stories! I can't wait to have little babies rollin' around in my belly!
ReplyDelete