I went in for a routine NST (non stress test) and fluid check and they notices my blood pressure was high. I've never had high blood pressure. The dipped my urine and sure enough I was spilling protein. They immediately popped in an iv, started steroids for the babies lungs and ordered a 24 hour urine catch, which I just finished. A couple hours into our stay I started contracting...only I couldn't feel them. The did a cervical check (closed, soft, long) and another ffn which was negative. Thank goodness.
BUT the pre-eclamptic symptoms are really troubling. When we get the results back from my urine catch they will make some big decisions. I may go home on strict bedrest. I may stay hospital bound on strict bedrest. They may try out magnesium sulfate-barf. It's an evil drug used to lower bp and stop contractions. The side effects are hideous and I'd have to get a folley(sp?) catheter. Yuck. Then there is the chance that the protien got so high that they need to deliver asap. My bp has been normal and borderline so at this point things could swing any way. The good news is babies look beautiful! Its just my body that is failing them :(. Come on body-let's regulate and keep these sweet babies IN for at least 2 more weeks!
Please keep us in your prayers. We are in great hands here, but no one wants me to deliver this soon. I'm about 32.5 weeks. Thank you for thinking of us :). I'll try to keep everyone posted.
Oh honey! Your body isn't failing, it's just confused. You guys are in my prayers everday. :)
ReplyDeletePraying Praying Aims!!!
ReplyDelete