2.20.2011

"Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take ya..."


Nope, no vacation planned, but I listened to Kokomo (you're welcome) yesterday and ever since then I've been feverishly trying to come up with a feasible vacation timeline.  I doubt we're going to be able to get away for at least a year, but a girl can dream right?  

This song also reminded me of a simpler time...the late 80's and early 90's.  We used to listen to this song at the roller skating rink, I got a little more pep in my step...stride (?) when this song came on.  I still get excited when I hear a steel drum!  I love the feel of the islands and the care free relaxation a vacation affords.  Hopefully someday we'll be able to make it back to our favorite honeymoon locale-The Cayman Islands.  I've been planning my imaginary vacation back there all evening, oh and also drooling over my honeymoon pictures in the mean time.  Seven-mile beach is stunning.  

There's even a town called Hell in the Caymans.

And THIS is Hell-I think its a volcanic formation, not sure.

Welcome to Hell.  You can send a post card from this post office postmarked from Hell.  

It looks like this.

I hope I've inspired someone to plan a beautiful beach vacation for this summer...or at least listen to Kokomo on repeat ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment