11.27.2010

O' Christmas Tree

For as long as I can remember, Christmas has been my absolute favorite time of year.  When we were kids, holidays were a HUGE deal in our house.  My parents always did a fabulous job of making them special.  You know that warm cozy feeling you get just being completely happy with your family?  I love that!  Its the best part about the holidays.  Since getting married, M and I have tried to start our own traditions.  Today, we put up the tree-we listened to Christmas music, made Christmas cookies, lit Christmas tree scented candles, ate turkey day leftovers and just basked in the beauty that is Christmas.  Gosh I love this time of year!  

Without further ado, our tree :)
I love this tree.  Mainly because it represents our lives up until this point.  My mom gave me some of my childhood ornaments, M and I have made an ornament for every year we've been together, we got a ton when we got married and every year we try to pick out a handful that represent us at that point in time.  I love unwrapping all the ornaments and reminiscing about why we chose that ornament or where we were when we made that one.  Just gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

And in the dark, because I love the glow of the lights.  Yep we have like twice the strands as any normal tree :)

Last but not least, our little reindeer.  M has been looking for reindeer accessories for Nellie for EVER.  This weekend at Petco, he found them.  Never mind that they were $12, she hates them.  The good news is, we LOVE them on her, so we try to get them on her for a photo op every couple hours.  I think she's warming up to them ;)  She looks thrilled, doesn't she?!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving and start to the Christmas season!  

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha Nellie! Maz hates wearing things too. Such a shame that he's going to be forced to wear embarassing things for the rest of his life!

    Your tree looks lovely! I can't wait to get our tradition on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks gorgeous! I love the lights:) And Nellie looks adorable, grumpy face and all!

    ReplyDelete