We have had QUITE the year with vacuums. We've gone through four (yes FOUR) of them. Things start out great, we research the vacuum, buy it and things work out great for a few weeks-months even. Once we get to the three(ish) month mark all hades breaks loose. We ALWAYS bust the belts. How does that even happen? We have 2 cats and a dog, but we take good care of our vacuums (clean the filters, attachments, etc). Its baffling.
For a while, I've been interested in a Dyson. I know they are the Mercedes of vacuums, so I didn't think we could afford one. They start in the $300 and go up from there. We've been talking for a while about putting aside a "vacuum" portion of our savings account. Today, Black Friday, was our lucky day ;)
We absolutely refused to get up early and fight the crowds. We agreed we'd sleep in and get to the stores at some point today. About 2p we headed out to check out the sales. Of course we missed the BIG door busters and morning sales, but we were ok with that. I have problems with pushy people so early in the morning, so I will gladly sacrifice amazing prices for a little bit of elbow room.
We got to Best Buy, which was a mad house. They were selling their "animal" c25 model for $399. Considering that it starts at about $550+ in most places, this was a great price! $400 is still a lot of $ to spend though, so we were really contemplating at this point. As we were looking at the "animal" a kind shopper told us that he just bought his "animal" at Home Depot for 25% off. We tore out of best buy and headed to Home Depot. They were priced 25% off from the original $500+ price tag. We were sort of bummed, but then we noticed the c33 sitting so proudly next to the "animal".
We pulled over 3 sales men to help us decide. They told us that the only real difference between the "animal" and the c33 was the ball and an pet cleaner attachment. Hmmmm, we were intrigued. The c33 does, in fact, have a belt, BUT Dysons have a 5 year warranty! So if the belt snaps on this one, it gets fixed for free, under the warranty. We can live with that!
We decided, given our situation, we had to leave with one of these vacuums. The c33 was marked down to $275-SOLD! We grabbed the handle of the last box and high-tailed it outta there! We got home, put it together and tested it out on the carpet around Nellie's crate. It was love at first...suck (???). We're putting up the tree sometime tonight or tomorrow and cleaning out one of the guest rooms for the nursery, I'm excited to vacuum every square inch of this house!
It was our Christmas present to each other, can you believe we're so giddy over a vacuum?! As we were leaving Home Depot, M said "I feel like Frank the Tank-'pretty nice little Saturday'-err, Friday in our case."
Please ignore the Swedish(?) subtitles ;)
Hope everyone had a FABULOUS Black Friday!

Nursery? Nausea? Did I miss something? I feel like congrats might be in order?!
ReplyDelete