I think that about sums it up :) In all seriousness though, we DO need change and lots of it. Just not *that* kind of change. Americans know we need healthcare reform, but no one wants to be forced to pay for insurance the gov't deems acceptable or pay a ridiculous fine. Where is the democracy in that? Triple the deficit in 2 years? SERIOUSLY??? Unbelievable. Raising taxes, no improvement in the economy and the list goes on. Its like they are trying to get themselves voted out of office.
I consider myself conservative on most issues, but these days I'm finding that I don't care for anyone running. I used to vote straight ticket republican, but I can't in good conscience do that any longer. Sometimes, the better choice is across the party line. Sometimes, I agree with the Independent candidate. Crazy how that works, eh? The informed voter should do research on both sides of the issues and figure out where they stand. Both parties are fucked up. As citizens, we can't win so we vote in the best of the worst. It shouldn't be like that. It really shouldn't. Sadly, it is. And yes President Bush, I miss you terribly :)
Obama, you've pissed off America. I hope you enjoy the next 2 years in office with a conservative House and Senate. You did this to yourself. Furthermore, I hope Hillary does run against you in 2012. I'll even vote for her! The Republicans are batting ZERO in terms of candidates (at least at this point in time), so why not Hillary?
I have a lot more funny campaign cartoons, but blogger pooped out on me, so I'll add them later. One thing thats not so funny is the mud slinging. You really think getting on TV and badmouthing your opponent about miniscule details of his campaign makes you look capable of this job? Think again. That is exactly what America is fed up with. The us vs. them mantra. What about whats good for the average everyday American who does the right thing, works hard and just wants a representative who will do whats right for his/her constituents? Is it that hard to be an honest person, work with the "other side" and to uphold the ideals you were elected upon?
Its like a right of passage, you get elected, go to Washington and have your soul surgically removed. We need a clean sweep. Lets get rid of the "good ole' boys" in congress and replace them with new blood. We need innocence and people who REALLY yearn to work for the folks who voted them into office. Its time for change indeed. Until then, we'll enjoy Congress' 17% approval rating and the President's 37%. Eighty THREE percent of the country disapproves of what you're doing up there. Staggering, isn't it? Hope and change didn't happen like we all thought it would.
Happy voting! Its a big day in the F house. Its my hubby's 28th birthday! He's "away" for a bit, but I can't wait to celebrate with him! My poor baby has to share a birthday with the election :( At least this election should make him one happy birthday boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment