11.20.2010

Crazy for SWAYZE


*Warning* there is no point to this post.

Yep, I'm one of "those" fans.  I *love* Patrick Swayze.  Men just really don't come more beautiful than this, in my humble opinion.  Strong facial features, beautiful, athletic...swoon.  Thankfully my sweet husband has all of the afore mentioned characteristics.  He knows and understands my Swayze love.  

I haven't seen a movie (literally) of his that I didn't love.  I'll even suffer through Point Break!  Dirty Dancing, To Wong Foo, Road House and GHOST top my list though.  You literally can't help falling in love with him.  Speaking of love, he was blessed in this arena.  He met his wife Lisa Niemi at his mother's dance studio and the rest was history.  They lived a love story more amazing than any movie he's starred in.  Its great to see grounded movie stars who cherish all that marriage stands for.  Sure they had their issues, alcoholism, etc, but they found a way to make it work.  

Maybe its because I'm a child of the 80's, but watching Dirty Dancing brings back so many memories.  Its where it all began!  It was a "forbidden" movie when I was younger.  My cousins Kim, Rachael, Jessie and I would sneak it and watch it in Kim's basement, we were obsessed from the very get go!  I think Johnny Castle was officially my first crush...when I was like 6...a crush that remains to this day.  I literally devour his movies.  One of my all time favorites is To Wong Foo, staring Swayze, Wesley Snipes and John Leguizamo (sp?).  They portray drag queens who's car breaks down in a small town.  Its pretty fabulous.  

I leave you with my favorite Patrick Swayze scene...The Time of My Life.  My heart beats a little faster when he's doing his solo dance towards Baby down the aisle.  Yep, I even love the mullet.  Does Kellerman's exist?    Gotta look into that :)

Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment: