Today the babies made their first couch cushion fort! My favorite old, comfy CO saddle blanket has been repurposed! I got this blanket in Leadville when we took the Leadville Southern RR up into tree line. FREEZING. I've always loved this blanket though because it has so many great CO memories.
We had a blast! They crawled in and wanted the blanket pulled down. When we tried to lift it to see them they got all crazy and wouldn't let us in. I think they enjoyed themselves :) When they got tired of the fort, they knocked it down and we made a trampline. They loved running around on the cushions. Goofy babies!
I got a wild hair up my ass last nigth and painted our kitchen.
Color is Behr "Cork"
Here's the backsplash
Its a bad picture, but you get the idea.
The appliances are black, so I think this color + the copper backsplash + black appliances will look really sharp. The paint color is a little more mustardy than I expected, but I still really like it. I need to finish painting above the cabinets and behind the fridge and maybe think about another coat to smooth things out a bit more. Overall, I'm happy with how its turning out.
We got the nursery paint yesterday as well, Behr "Celery Sprig". Their room is small, so I'm hoping there is enough paint left over for their bathroom. Its the perfect paint color for in there. I picked out the living room paint Valspar "Shark Loop" or Valspar "Lighthouse Shadow". They are almost identical colors, one has slightly more gray and the other slightly more blue. When I say slight, I mean like infintessimally slight. They look so similar.
I forgot how taxing painting can be. I feel like an arthritic 80 year old this morning. I'm actually not looking forward to the second coat, maybe I can talk the daddy into helping me :)






No comments:
Post a Comment