Action packed day today!
The babies and I got up (the daddy worked) and went for a walk on the boardwalk. We watched dolphins, met another set of twins (g/g and just a few months older) and saw some barges come in. After lunch we went to the Virginia Aquarium. So freaking neat.
Sting Rays, the underwater tunnel
Babies loving the sharks
Gator with a kick ass pedicure, enjoying the sites
Sea turtles (ah-mazing), jellyfish
SHARKS, Fancy and I in the sharks mouth, The Daddy and Coach in the sharks mouth
In awe of the underwater tunnel, SHARK
After that we went to the beach. When you have a beach front room, what else do you fill your time with? Priorities, people.
Fancy getting used to the sand, The Daddy and Fancy coming in from a swim
The gull that started it all, Coach and his skeptical face, Fancy face, more of the OG (original gull)
The beginning of the hoarde, dimples
So onto the reason for the title of this blog.
We had front row seats for the tide to come in. The babies love to play in the surf and I hate leaving my stuff way back on the beach where I can't see it. The babies and the daddy swam (waded) a bit and then came in for a snack. So did the gulls.
I made the rookie mistake of throwing a goldfish (or was it a rice cake?) to one of the birds. Woops. In my defense, I grew up in the midwest. Landlocked. We got a once a year beach vacay (if we were lucky) and I guess I've never encountered starved, crazed seagulls before. So the bird gobbled down the tasty treat, as I was left positively beside myself after realizing that animals shouldn't eat human food. Especially human food with all kinds of sugar in it.
Well, this guy apparently called to his buddies. Within about 30 seconds we had more than 25 gulls inches from our camp. Whereas before, they kept a cautious distance. We packed up shop, burried the remains of the babies snack and moved back a couple yards. Yep, the birds followed. At this point I'm picturing the flying monkeys snatching poor Toto. Yes, I'm actually more worried about these poor starved birds carrying my children away rather than pecking/biting them.
Some surfers stroll by (yes it IS possible to surf the Atlantic, who knew?) and shoo them away for us. We were 'that' family. The rookies who fed the damn birds. A mistake we'll never, ever make again.
After the attack (:)) we decided to head to the pool where Fancy proceeded to lose her mind. She screamed when we pulled her out for dinner. She was non-stop giggles and glee the whole hour+ we were in there. Granted, this was the Mecca of pools, complete with a lap lane, bubbling jacuzzi (not hot), several varieties of fountains/water sprayers and it attached to the outdoor pool with even MORE fun stuff. I fully anticipate another nice long visit with the pool tomorrow. I love that she's a little fishie, I was too.



No comments:
Post a Comment