8.16.2012

{Eat babies eat...please?}

So now that we're on the right track with sleeping (presumably-yes, that's a dangerous game) when will the eating get easier?  You can't force feed kids (unfortunately), so I dread mealtime.  I spend a lot of time thinking about what they're eating and how I can maximize nutrient intake and what else I can serve to get them to FUCKING EAT.

I get this is part of the toddler roller coaster, but how do I know they're getting what they need?  They throw it all on the floor and so we're not only frustrated about them refusing food, but also that we spend an hour + cleaning up the kitchen every night.  I don't serve much that's "bad" for them.  I've been known to go to Bojangles, scrape off the breading and let them eat the chicken inside.   Its all white meat, but I'm sure its processed to hell.  This only happened once, so don't string me up just yet.

Its just so frustrating and expensive.  What they gobbled up yesterday, they turn their noses up at today.  They ate like champs yesterday, but I can tell today is going to be tough.  I can't spend all day cooking, hoping they'll eat something.  Can I?  Everyone tells me to offer them their normal food and if they don't eat it, they don't eat it.  When they get hungry, they'll eat.  Won't they?  Fancy is a carbon copy of me (personality-wise) and she hates to be challenged.  This could get ugly.

We're spending a fortune on food that they just throw on the floor or don't eat.  If it something that can be reheated, we will save it and serve it for the next meal.  I get so caught up in all this I usually end up throwing a lot at them in the hopes that they'll eat SOMETHING.  I need to dial this back and if they don't eat, they don't eat.  Ugh.  I find myself begging them to eat most of the time.  Sometimes we get lucky and they humor us.

This morning they got up at SIX O'FUCKING CLOCK.  Ya.  They normally get up at 8a.  I'm tired and frustrated and just need to take a deep breath.  Or a nap.  I'm gulping heavily creamed coffee like its my job.   The daddy is off tomorrow (Thank you Jesus) so hopefully I'll get a little break.

I feel guilty for getting frustrated with them.  They're not doing this to annoy me or challenge me.  They're acting their age.  As much as I complain, these guys are the light of my life.  We try to take these challenges in stride and not get too upset/frustrated in front of them.  Right now we're playing with their toys and watching Super Why, while they chase each other around the living room saying "sissy!" and "bubba!" and "cheese" and "baby", etc.  Its just way too cute!

Yesterday I was looking at a friend's blog with Fancy on my lap.  When I scrolled to the pictures of her baby Fancy said "hi baby".  She pointed out the babies on TV all day, too.  Last night they were taking a bath and I was telling the daddy about it and he asked her if she wanted a baby.  She nodded and Coach said "yet" (translation: yes).  He asked them if they wanted a baby brother and they both shook their heads no.  He asked if they wanted a baby sister and they looked at each other, nodded and said "yet" in unison.  I told the daddy, that's 3-1 in favor of a new baby.  The babies and I are collaborating though ;)  Maybe we'll convince him soon.  NOTICE:  We're not pregnant.

Coach has been saying "twins" a lot lately.  It sounds like "tins".  People always ask "are they twins" (at panera alone the other day we got it 6 times) and Coach has started to say "yet tins".  Follow that?  "Yes, twins", because that's what we always say when we're asked.  We ask them if they're twins and they say "awww" and hug each other.  A-freaking-dorable.

I haven't taken pictures in a while.  My battery is dead and for every 1 good pic I age 20 or 30 blurry, shitty pics.  I need to get back at it, they'll be 17 months old in less than a week.  OMG.  I'll try to get on that.  They're making some hilarious faces these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment