7.30.2012

{Pin cushion}

I went for my HIDA scan this morning.  Well, I went for an attempted HIDA scan this morning.  Lets just say things didn't work out.  The appointment line told me no food after midnight.  I'm 99% sure she said water too and the internet agrees, so I didn't drink water this morning before my test.  I get there, get checked in and Andre (nurse?) pulls out an IV kit.  After about 6 or 7 sticks later, Andre and Michelle (another nurse he pulled in) were too frazzled to continue.  I have to say, I was relieved.

I usually have no issues getting an IV.  No water kind of puts a damper on how presentable the veins are though.  Everytime they dug the needle in it felt like they were ripping open my arm.  Not fun.  When they said "why don't we re-schedule?" I hopped off the table and excitedly agreed.  I felt so bad for them, but I wasn't about to stick around for more torture.  I wasn't really in the mood for radioactive pee anyway.  In two weeks we try again.  I doubt anyone is super thrilled to have an IV infusion of radioactive dye and be asked to lay perfectly still for 2 hours on a table maybe 12in width. 

I came home to the two cutest little face who were so excited to see me :)  They've started to say "baby" "hot" "water" "bye bye" "thank you" "baby" "poop" "nap".  I'm sure there are more, but these are just the new ones we're been hearing in the last few days.  I have no idea what the word count is up to, but it seems to grow daily.  There is very little baby left in these two.  :'(

Lately I just feel like I can't keep up with everything.  If I get something cleaned to perfection the rest of the house looks like a disaster.  I know there are more important things to do in life (like enjoying the rapidly growing, practically pre-teens living down the hall), but when you've got messy toddlers who like to throw food its a necessity. 

Tomorrow I have an appt with my PCM to get a referral to dermatology.  Just a yearly mole check, but I always get really nervous.  I have moles everywhere and I just found one on my scalp next to my left ear that I haven't seen before.  Not sure if its new or if it has always been there hiding under my hair.  Either way, I'm nervous.  I've got some on my back that make me super nervous.  The last time I went for a mole check was almost 4 years ago, so I'm praying everything still looks ok. 

Well, its storming here...again...and the little ones want to play :)  Happy Monday, praise the Lord its almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment