6.19.2012

{a visit to the ER...kind of}

Today we were playing in the living room and Fancy tripped over a toy and landed really hard on her left hand/wrist.  She screamed and screamed, not common for our tough little gal.  Eventually she calmed down and went back to playing.  She seemed ok.  After dinner the babies were playing again and Fancy tried to crawl over to something across the room.  She couldn't put weight on her wrist.  She screamed again. 

I called the daddy and we went to Womack Army Medical Center (WAMC) ED.  The intake nurse did some mobility tests on her and she passed with flying colors.  He told me the wait was obscene and that if she was his child he'd have her seen by the ped and not wait for hours there.  Ok.  We got into the parking lot and I gently tried to bend her wrist.  Screams.  She uses her hand/arm, but to put any weight on it causes her a lot of pain.

Fug.  I don't think its broken, given that she has full range of motion and uses it to play, but I want to get to the bottom of why she can't put weight on it.  I really don't want to have to do an xray.  My fingers are crossed that its a sprain or she just jammed it.  Poor sweet little gal.  Every time she cries, I do to.  I can't stand to see them in pain.  It just rips my heart open.  The daddy is getting in touch with the unit doc tomorrow so we can have her seen sometime this week.  We gave her a teeny dose of baby pain reliever in case she's in any pain.  I hate giving them medication, in fact this is her first time to get it, but I can't handle my babies in pain.  

It looks like our beach plans for my birthday might be cancelled :(  The daddy's unit is in the middle of a mission.  ...  ...  ...

The babies have been able to point to their bellies, noses, ears, etc when asked, for a couple months.  This is what they do now when asked where their nose is:
They're gonna love me for that some day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment