Our tandem jogger came today! Its heavy and maybe foot shorter than me. Massive. I could barely lift the box when the UPS guy dropped it off. I put it together in my living room, which is a mess because I just put the twin tornado down for a nap. Don't judge.
We just went for our first walk in the steamy NC heat. The good news is the neighbors down the street are having septic work done, so it smelled nice and fresh. Barf. Its just way too hot and stick out there for working on a poop tank. There was also some guy parked in the street across from our house. My mind wanders directly to "what if I'm getting arrested for hitting that mailbox?" or "he's coming to kill us", which I suppose ARE possibilities, just not logical ones...security system ARMED.
We're now sitting in the AC with the ceiling fan on blast, watching Bull Durham. Appropriate, don't you think? Tomorrow I turn 29. Twenty-NINE. I feel like I was just in high school (11 years ago) or just in college (6 years ago) or just married (5 years ago). I can't be 29, can I? Whether or not I believe it, it seems I am. I'm feeling extra blessed this birthday as I watch my two miracles play at my feet. They're running now and they're new trick is to pick something up, something heavy like a keyboard or a toy their size, and try to run with it. Its not going well. Fancy is doing really well though. Using her arm and putting weight on it. You can tell it still hurts a bit when she falls on it, but it looks like its healing well. Now, to keep her from re-injuring.
No comments:
Post a Comment