5.05.2012

{Zoo}

We went to the zoo today.  We say it was for the babies, but really it was for us.  It was nice to be outside enjoying this beautiful CO weather.  Plus, Cheyenne Mtn Zoo is built in levels up the side of a mountain, so it can be a workout.  Bonus!  I've lost 10 lbs since my quest began, so it was nice to get the ole heart pumping while enjoying family time.  I've got a looooooooooooooooooong way to go, but I love seeing that scale trend down.  At this point its just been a change in eating habits.  I go for the occasional walk around the neighborhood (2 miles round trip).  When this move settles we're getting a jogging stroller and I'll add a steady workout routine.  

Speaking of our move, we're nearing the end of the process (fingers crossed).  Offer made:  CHECK.  Offer accepted:  CHECK.  Inspections:  CHECK.  Now we're in underwriting.  This is the scariest part.  I have seen horror stories about what can happen in underwriting.  I'm nervous.  Our loan guy and realtor are confident they'll be no issues and that the underwriters will finalize this week, but I won't breathe until it actually happens.  This buying a house stuff isn't for the faint of heart.  Keep us in your thoughts so we can close on time without any glitches.

Onto the pictures!


It was a hot one today, we hydrated a lot.  After a while they wouldn't drink sippy water, they had to drink from momma and daddy's aquafina bottle.  They're.so.BIG.


Giraffe's are so beautiful.





I feel like he was just having a rough day.  Poor Gorilla.


I was surprised to find out his rack was covered in fur.  Didn't know that about moose.


I was so stunned at just how big these guys really are.


Oh Fancy. 


She loves sunglasses.





We were in the stinky monkey house and they (and I) were ready for some fresh air.  Very neat primate house though!

These pictures are a little blown out and over exposed.  The clouds came, then receded, then came back.  Super hard to shoot in manual mode when you're moving with on and off cloud cover. 

It was a fun and exhausting day.  If you ever get to Colorado Springs, this zoo is a must see.  Bring your walking shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment